What would you say to a po' gal dat loves de Lawd and only has 22¢ ?

by baltar447 27 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello Syl,

to be truthful, There were quite a few Blacks in the hall I attended that went to college

Mostly the Elders kids

Yet these were the same men who discouraged others from higher education from the podium

and incouraged fulltime work in the ministry. They said it was the best time , when you do not have

the responsibilities of a family or obligations of a fultime job

If these men truly believe in the "spiritual food" given them by the WTS

why are they sendin' there kids off to college ????

How can any Black man spew aloud from his lips, to fore go an education, don't excercise your right

to vote . But wait on the Kingdom

I only wish one thing, that is for everyone on this board to ask any black Jehovah's Witness

livin' in the U.S.A these questions.

As a Black person do you think Lincoln should have " Waited on the Kingdom " to free your ancestors ?

Should Martin Luther King have " Waited on the Kingdom" ? to be treated wit dignity and respect , in the next lifetime

Should President Johnson not have signed the Civil rights act of 1964 to end Jim crow laws of the south " ?

ASK 'EM , I BEG OF YOU ALL,

IF ANY OF YOU ON THIS BOARD HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER THAT'S BLACK AND A JEHOVAH'S WITNESS. ASK 'EM

SHOW THEM JUST HOW BRAIN WASHED THEY ARE

• snowbird
    snowbird

Mornin,' Wuz.

Good questions!

That is one of the reasons why the Black churches in the South and the Watchtower are at loggerheads with each other.

Black JW's were supposedly neutral when it came to protesting and demonstrating against Jim Crow, but they certainly weren't neutral when it came to benefitting from the hard labor of those who were at the forefront of the Civil Rights struggle.

Hypocrites!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes Syl,

How can anyone take a neutral stance while watcing people be denied the dignity

to eat at a lunch counter, instead of eatin' out in the rain

How can anyone take a neutral stance seein' folks bein' beat down on the Edmond Pettus bridge

tryin' to excercise the same rights given to others, and denied them

I am so ashamed that I let these folks Blind me, but no more

I ONCE WASBLIND, BUT NOW I SEE

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

It's too bad that this thread has turned into a 'black-themed' thread, because I could comment on when I was a kid and went door-to-door.

Back then, the mags were only a nickel each, or a dime for both. After our sales pitch, we would ask for the 'donation', and if the person at the door said they didn't have any change, we would say that we could trade for a bar of soap or box of jello - something of equal value.

Ya know what? I actually got some folks to go and get a bar of soap and bring it out, and trade for the magazines.

I guess... thinking about it now... maybe I looked like a little street urchin who needed a bath.

The cool part? When I got home, I would proudly show my mom what I got, and since the soaps were usually not what she bought, she would let me keep it. I would then put it in my sock drawer... making my socks all smelly and nice.

Regards,

Jim TX

• wasblind
    wasblind

" It's too bad that this thread has turned into a 'black-themed' thread, because I could comment on when I was a kid and went door-to-door."

Jim-TX, you just did

Each and every experience, on this site is just as important as the next, I thought what you just posted was very enlightening

the title of this thread gave me an opportunity to point out the fact, how the WTS talk against higher education

especially when you look at the OP and see how well read the others are compared to the black woman

People have been rightly made aware of the silliness of Sparlock, and pedophiles

because it's important to show how stupid and disconnected this cult is

There happens to be a lot of black witnesses in the southern parts of the U.S.A

There is a need for this topic, even if you don't think so, it is important to make people aware on all fronts

not just some

• baltar447
    baltar447

I guess my intent on the title of this thread was to point to the most ridiculous item on that paper, imo.

Many things can be inferred from it. Rutherford's massive ego; the unabashed truth that it's a door-to-door BUSINESS; Rutherford's massive ego...

• baltar447
    baltar447

Rutherford is featured 5 times on this page. No, no ego there!

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oh my... I really don't know whether to laugh or barf.

Many things can be inferred from it. Rutherford's massive ego; the unabashed truth that it's a door-to-door BUSINESS; Rutherford's massive ego...

Yeah, including Rutherford taking money from poor people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit