society cutting costs?!

by greven 19 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

hi everyone,

I was wondering if you noticed the society cutting costs.
    for example : the books are now printed on cheaper paper and have a soft cover. also subscriptions are no longer mailed by post but will be brought to you by publishers (cutting cost and upping field service! to flies in one!). I was wondering what this sudden move is about, are they in trouble? they also whine more about donations now...

greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• writerpen
    writerpen

I've heard that the society is not mailing mags anymore, but I must admit, I still receive them in the mail. So does anyone have the 411 on this topic?

"Free at last! free at last! thank God Almighty, we are free at last!" - Negro spiritual

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

its a ploy from the society to give the
    antis hope, something to talk about,
    and food for the never ending machine of
    anti propaganda.....

• greven
    greven

they are stopping the mailing by post for real. no gossip. I am 100% sure. if people have one already it will not be renewed.
    I think the official notification is in the KM of this month.
    greven.

"Fear is strange soil. Mainly it grows obedience like corn, which grows in rows and makes weeding easy. But sometimes it grows the potatoes of defiance, which flourish underground."
    -from "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett-

• Stealth
    Stealth

According to the letter read at the KH once your current subscription expires is when it will stop shipping to your home. Somewhere printed on the magazine cover has the expiration date printed.

After that time all magazines will only be able to be obtained from the KH.

It was spun as a process change in the US to get more in line with how the mags are distributed in other countries. It was made to appear that US is the only place where mags are still mailed to homes.

But if you do the math on the estimated cost to mail just to publishers alone in the US it becomes very clear its about the money in my opinion.

• metatron
    metatron

It's a sign that Jehovah doesn't support the Watchtower.

Pastor Russell himself said that if the money runs out,
    it's a sign from God telling them to quit.

Since their revenues have been falling and they keep cutting back
    on books, building and subscriptions, you would think they'd get the message that God isn't going to pay their bills anymore.

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Pastor Russell himself said that if the money runs out,
    it's a sign from God telling them to quit.

Good point. Interesting that Christian mission organisations freely post out regular magazines and brochures. Yet they are viewed as not the 'true' Christians by the WTS.

Did I hear someone say "Hypocrites!" ?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

• Spartacus
    Spartacus

What!!! personal delivery!! We will not be re-newing our subcription, I don't want them dropping by my house. I think it's a good move from a WTS standpoint because it gives JW's another reason for field service and makes contact with those who are inactive. It may work in their favor to a point.

But people like me don't want JW visits period not evenn from long time JW friends because I don't want to hear it the some old Borg crap, "come back to Jehovah, we miss you, the end is getting closer, blah, blah, blah".

Thanks for sharing and if it's true then we will stop our subscription.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hi all,

So the books and calendars,et c. are getting cheesier and cheesier, they're stopping to mail the magazines, and at the same plotting a 25 pct expansion to their Patterson Shangri-La Retirement Home for Indigent Full-Time Servants, i.e. themselves!

What does this all say about their priorities and the lip service they give to preaching the word, not to mention the shortness of the time remaining?

• Joseph Joachim
    Joseph Joachim

It was made to appear that US is the only place where mags are still mailed to homes.

This is probably true. In Argentina they stopped mailing subscriptions about 10 years ago. I don't remember what the excuse was back then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit