• jbeau504
    jbeau504

There.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Well that was worth the wait...

• jbeau504
    jbeau504

Hello everyone. I apologize for being away for so long. I know it's alittle odd or random for a new member to suddenly vanish. But i've been busy out in the ministry (i.e. going out in service door-to-door with the JWs) plus preparing for my baptism which is to take place in August. What's happened is i've suddenly found myself becoming super popular in my congregation oddly enough (the JW equivilant to a 'rock star' I guess, not to brag) which is weird although I appreciate being able to talk to different people who are in the organization.

Everything seems normal and routine, right? A typical JW life. What's wrong is I can't help but feel this ever-present feeling of dread. Yea I have spirituality in my life but at the same time there's this weird kinda feeling where I feel as if anything could go wrong at any moment. I've been having dark dreams involving the congregation elders. It's like this paranoia is starting to get to me. I don't know why but there's just this weird feeling in my gut. Almost as if this is the calm before the storm.

Anyway, any thoughts/critiques/rants welcome lol.

God bless. Respones appreciated.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You are is Superstar mode for one very simple reason my dear, ...you are about to get baptized.

It wont last very long, so if it floats your boat then milk it for all it's worth because it will end very soon and unless you continue on the treadmill of ever increasing "service" set before you, then you will fall into anonimity again and be ignored. Should you step out of line or be deemed to be reluctant to give your all then you will be viewed with distain and suspicion.

You ought to be keen to research your new religion of choice right? Well try asking your study conductor of it's ok for you to look stuff up about Jehovahs Witnesses on the internet or read stuff by EX JWs.... the reaction should confirm the gut feelings you have already.

Any religion that deters members or potential members from any contact with former members is a cult. Do not forget this single point please. Do not be easily fooled especially by the superstar and love bombing tactics. They are superficial and entirely conditional on your "performance", ...cease to perform and they are removed. Simples.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I doubt anyone can tell you what to do- you’ll want to make your own mistakes. But once you get baptised, you are at the mercy of the elders & the Borg. Don’t do it.

These groups might be able to help you one day when you are ready: CoDA, A.A, & Al- Anon.

My guess is that the dread you are feeling is because you subconciously think you can't live up to the expectations the Witness have for you...

My 0.02 cents for what it is worth...

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Killed it...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LISTEN TO YOUR INSTINCT!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit