What's Life Like After Leaving???

by Nellie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

What a relief I didn't have to go out in field circus by the end of the month, once I decided to pull the plug on them. It took another year before I got my computer, and then I found the apostate sites within a few months. After, I started gradually doing Christmas--LED lights and all. I simply call those cherub things that get put up "demons" instead of angels. (And I got quite a few demon figures like that). No, I didn't go around taking and selling all kinds of drugs that ruin your brain and your liver. No, I didn't start smoking because that would be a waste of money and time.

As for the people that call themselves "friends", they were actually enemies. Anyone that prays to Jehovah continually that the opposite sex shun me forever deserves to be tortured by Father Satan, and then their souls damned. These days, I can't stand being near the home of a prominent witless or near the Kingdumb Hell because I am afraid that too many more angels will join the [unnameably huge number] of the scumbags already infesting me. Nor can I stand the crap merchandise that is so common among witlesses--things from simple clothing, crap furniture, crap cookware, light bulbs, bed clothes, flashlights, and general crap they use. The rubbish that comes out of the dollar (toilet paper) store, aside actual toilet paper or facial tissue, reminds me too much of how I used to have to live while a witless (besides, I bet there are even more angels to add to the MOB already on me at those toilet paper stores).

Now I view myself as spiritual Satanist. I see Satan and His Demons as my friends (if I can contact them through these filthy angels), not as beings to be terrorized of. Fact is, if one of the Demons ever were to give me counsel, it would probably be the exact opposite of what the witlesses do--they might find the odd washtowel I missed and insist I destroy it. They might insist I upgrade something I missed--upon doing so, I would wonder why I took so long to do it. But they would never insist I get cheap crap instead of good stuff or that I continue studying the washtowel littera-trash and attending their functions.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Nellie:

Life is good after leaving. Even though things aren't perfect, at least I have my own mind back and am starting to feel more like the days before I got involved with this trap of a religion.

Got some anger issues that pop up once in a while (mostly because there are people there who need to be told off and I regret I will never get the opportunity since some of them have passed away). I just want to see the religion exposed. Other than that, glad to freed from it.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Nellie:

In addition to my post above, I have re-established connections with relatives and mended fences and even contacted several JWs who are "out" now. Even though we exited the religion for different reasons, we are out.

I have done LOTS of reading in the past eleven years in order to "purge" my mind of WT information. I would never fall for OR tolerate the intrusiveness and control of any organization ever again and it is wonderful to feel free.

Last but not least, I celebrate the Holidays with true friends and family. I finally realized that my family care more about me than anybody in the vacuum of a religion ever did. Even though I sometimes feel angry, I look at it as a life experience that I have moved on from.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Thanks everybody for the love! (((((hugs to all))))))

Shirley - LOL - the thing about being shunned, is you don't hear as much about people from your former life as you used to! I know there were a few deaths.....but don't have too much info.

I guess I'll be around for a little while - it's nice to be on this side of the Crisis....I've weathered the storm and the sky is clear!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit