A JW book stand just started near my work

by biometrics 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• biometrics
    biometrics

A JW brother has setup a bookstand in a shopping mall area (outdoor) near my work. I must say he's put some effort into creating the counter, and display stand. At first I thought it was a coroprate stand selling insurance or something, then I saw "AWAKE".

He had a really comfortable chair, and looked bored watching people walk past.

The local gov allow market stalls there three days per week. I expect he's pioneering and trying to get the hours in. If he does it three days per week, 8 hours a day, that's 96 hours per month!

• jam
    jam

Oh man, I wish oh how I would love to have A

JW set up A bookstand in my area. He would last

one day. I would stand next to his stand and pass

out information on the latest news. Heading

"JW,s harbor child molester''. Oh I would love

to see that. He wouldn,t last one hour.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

Biometrics, I'm curious, are you in the US? If so, wow, I've never seen a JW bookstand in a commercial area.

I can understand the bored look—he needs a partner. I remember my pioneering days: Standing in front of the donut shop at the local strip mall at 7:00am, my Watchtower in hand, chatting away with my pioneer partner, hoping against hope that no one would come up to us and interrupt our conversation, praying that the hour would fly by so we could get inside the shop for our "coffee break" before heading to the meeting for field service.

No wonder I never had a bible study, lol.

• Diest
    Diest

They have them in NYC at both 14th st and 42st. I have a worldly friend who has promised to tell all her friends to take and throw away literature. It was easy, because all of her friends are gay, and I just told her how the WTS treats the LGBT community.

I saw that there is a twiter handle @jwtrash where you can tweet pics of trashed literature.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

At a busy time....

Take an obviously WORLDLY friend with you to embarrass him in front of. (JWs must have an audience when they make fools of themselves.)

In a loud voice .... Ask him questions he doesn't want to answer.

Take as much litterature as he will let you have without calling for the police twice.

Go back tomorrow with a different WORLDLY friend.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Whenever a JW set up a table, turn that table on 'em. Here's how, use their own tactics

# 44 EFFECTIVE USE OF QUESTIONS

"What you ask and how you ask it have a direct bearing on your success in the use of questions "_____Theocratic Ministry school book page 236

Question:"What is the answer to the problem of corruption and oppression ? "_________Reasoning book page 154

Answer: That's when the JW will talk about the Kingdom of God

Question: Then you ask, would people be better off waitin' on the kingdom ?

Answer: That's when the JW may qoute that scripture tellin' you man can't direct his own damn steps

Question: For those Livin' in the U.S.A, Should Abe Lincoln, Martin Luther king, Rosa Parks Have waited on the Kingdom? Should President Johnson not have signed the equal rights act of 1964 ????

Answer: The JW may state that God Allows Ceasar Gov'nt to rule temporarily, but it is not lasting

Question: Then we should be able to seek temporary relief under the laws of Ceasar, should'nt we ???

Warning: Don't be suprised if you get a foolish answer such as

Answer: Yes, but who's to say, we would not have relief by now

Your answer: Because it's 2012, and the Kingdom still ain't arrived

If YOU lead wit a question, you are more than likley to bring home your point

Witnesses are sittin' ducks at these tables

The best Questions to ask is about civil rights, this covers situations all around the world

Malawi should ring a a bell, those folks waited on the kingdom and look what happened

those folk could have sought temporary relief by gettin' a Govn't card, but the WTS forbade them

• biometrics
    biometrics

Biometrics, I'm curious, are you in the US? If so, wow, I've never seen a JW bookstand in a commercial area.

No, I'm in Australia. I've seen these stands in Sydney before but never where I live.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I say have someone go in and record some of the conversations where they ask some thought provoking questions and then put them on Youtube.

NJY

• Heaven
    Heaven

Wow, I've never seen a JW bookstand. Maybe there aren't enough of us Canadians to warrant one.

• Mr Facts
    Mr Facts

Jehovah is speeding up the work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit