Canadian Newspaper Willing to Cover Watchtower Child Abuse Issue

by headisspinning 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• yesidid
    yesidid

How about contacting Silent Lambs.

• blondie
    blondie

I would think if these cases were in the Canadian press that she would have better access online to this information...........archival and current.

• talesin
    talesin

Also, pretty big news is that the Toronto Star reporter had a lengthy, three way telephone interview with both Candace Conti and her lawyer this afternoon!

Excellent!

Let's hope she gets an email from someone who picks it up on f/b.

tal

• Pams girl
    Pams girl

Lets hope this flies......great news

• mouthy
    mouthy

I called about 4 news papers in Ontario. They wont touch it

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Awesome!

• jam
    jam

great news, I hope you can pull it off.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

What are the names of the two liitle sisters that were molested by their stepdad in Canada? He's in prison now. I'll try to find their names.

Edited o add: Never mind...the girls I was thinking of are from New Hampshire.

• belbab
    belbab

Headispinning:

I know of case from many years ago. A young newly baptized boy volunteered to work on the Watch tower farm in Canada one summer to help with the harvest. He was an outgoing, lively young lad, on a high from attending one of the big New York assemblies. One day on the farm, he was grabbed by an older JW man, pushed into a tool shed and sodomized. He was devastated. He was the son of a widow, whose husband lost his life in the war. His mother knew that something was wrong and finally got the story from him. She went to the elders and the man was put on probation. He still attended meetings, but he was segrated from the rest with a row of empty chairs. The congregation was the only one in town. The boy was assigned talks in the Ministry School, and had to face his abuser from the platform. I don't think the police were notified.

This person grew up, left the JW's, went to university, married and raised a family and has had a successful career.

I don't know whether this story would be of interest to your reporter. If she is interested, send me a pm and I will see if something could ber arranged.

belbab

• talesin
    talesin

belbab - you just reminded me - there was a book written by a woman from Ontario about her experiences - cover up, etc. It was a few years ago that I read it, but I'm sure a librarian could find the name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit