Hot Cross Buns Stories!

by Beck_Melbourne 15 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

I'm embarrassed to admit I don't have a clue what hot cross buns are!! Altho both of my kids can play the song on their recorders

We ate all the candy, even watched the holiday cartoon specials...go figure.

Dana

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

NYTelecom,

Did insulting Beck make you feel any better about your pathetic self?

Go back to that blow-up doll, before the plastic starts to get hard.

• chezza
    chezza

I remember vividly having to wait until easter had finished before we could rush off to the shop and buy our crushed up easter eggs we were dyig to have, what was the difference between eating the crushed up ones and the whole ones i dont know but it just shows how rediculous some people can be.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Goodness...I forgot all about this thread...came back to it this morning to have a few laughs and 'goodnessgracious great balls of fire'...lol.

safe4kids....hot cross buns are only at easter time and they are basically a cinnimon fruit bun with a cross on the top. Icing used to be used for the cross....but over the years the cross has become rather flavourless and bland. There is enough sweetness in the fruit to make up for it. I remember very well what the cross tasted like because my brother and I would fight for it when my mother would peel it off lol...so we used to peel only part of the cross off and leave a straight line...how silly were we.

Beck

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Beck,

Thanks for the info. I had to lol at your description of just leaving a straight line...ohhhhhh, the hoops we jumped thru! As if they would actually fool (or is please?) the great god almighty! "Look, Jehovah, I didn't eat the cross!" ROFLMAO

Dana

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Beck,

Mrs Ozzie knows I love 'em!

We laughed @ your 'peeling off the cross' story. So many of us used to do that!!! Somehow it made them more acceptable to the JW household! LOL

Nowadays the cross doesn't offend us, quite the opposite, so we are able to enjoy the tasty morsel on the bun!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"If our hopes for peace are placed in the hands of imperfect people, they are bound to evaporate."

- Ron Hutchcraft Surviving the Storms of Stress

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit