Hot Cross Buns Stories!

by Beck_Melbourne 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

My JW mother used to peel the cross off the hot cross buns at easter time...she said it was her way of compromising...so that we werent partaking of anything pagan. Did anyone have parents like mine...or am I the only one??

What was your understanding of easter eggs and hot cross buns at easter time? My mother felt that if she didn't peel the cross off..then we as kids wouldn't learn to keep away from pagan traditions....however...her conscience felt no pangs of guilt to buy and consume easter eggs...her opinion was that they were just chocolate eggs. When I would say 'but aren't hot cross buns just fruit buns?' she would ignore me.

What did you all have to endure as kids at easter time??

Beck

• collegegirl
    collegegirl

the same thing we endured at every holiday... don't do anything till after the official date passed, then go and buy all the clearance candy!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

perhaps
    a diet with less carbs would be a wise idea.
    in fact a diet with less carbs would be wise
    for everyone. this is not a personal attack...
    only an attempt at bringing mankind into a healthier
    state.

• Sky
    Sky

My mother buys "Peeps" every year (marshmallow chicks are what they are) she opens them, sets them on the kitchen counter, and lets them get stale for 3 days before she eats them... YUCK...
    I remember she took them in her lunch out in service once... she caught alot of hell, so she never did that again....
    Kisses!
    Sky

Happy St. Patrick's Day
    Now go Kiss an Irishman!

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

nytelecom........you are such an aS$hole!.........Jedd

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

........uh......this was not a personal attack, just trying to get you to think about other peoples feelings once in a while ......Jedd

• Kep
    Kep

I remember there was an elder who had a bakery.

Every easter he would make hot cross buns, but would call them "sticky fruit" buns....

Guess that explains why he sold the business after 2 years.

Nyt,
    You could bring me to a healthier state by pi$$ing off to the meeting like a good JW boy that you are.

• dubla
    dubla

nytel-

since you insist on directing me to other threads, here i am. this thread is another nice example of you not knowing how to add anything of substance to a conversation. please explain how your above post has any relevance with the topic of the thread. whats that you say? it has no relevance?

aa

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

nytelecom1 is nothing more than a wasted ejaculation!
    This isn't a personal attack.
    Buttholes like nytelecom1 come about when their parents don't use protection.
    It's wise for adults to use protection when they may conceive a beyatch like nytelecom1.
    This is not a personal attack...
    only an attempt at bringing mankind into a healthier state.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Nytel, if they are countable, they are "fewer" not "less". Sorry to correct your English, but, hey everyone else stoll my thunder.

carmel toasting nye with a "hot bun".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit