Exercise support group

by hungry4life 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I didn't make it back into town tonight till after the gym closed (took my kids shopping out of town) I probably burnt about 3X as many calories though, it was exhausting. I went to Chevy's for dinner so it all boils down to the fact that I was a bad,bad girl. Then again it is Friday night so if these are the worst things I do this weekend then I am a pretty boring girl. I have child care reserved for 11 Saturday morning and I will be continuing my workout program. Since I started watching what I eat (no eating out at all except tonight) and exercising I have lost 12 pounds. I am not starving myself or anything I have actually been eating bagels with real cream cheese, skim milk and cereal, Ovaltine with skim milk, corn nuts, chicken pitas, shrimp cesear salads and my favorite Boca burgers. I am just watching my fat intake. with being on the go all the time I was starting to develop a serious fast food problem. I even found a cute tankini today another month and a bit of a tan and I may even have to post a new pic

• Prisca
    Prisca

Congratulations on losing 12 pounds!! Good for you!

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

That is still an alarmingly horrible diet though hungry....

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Thanks Prisca. Naeblis if you think that's bad you should have seen what I used to eat. I take a multivitamin too, is that enough? Honestly tell me what is missing (besides variety)I want to be healthy and toned up more than thin(I am actually pretty happy with my body size). What I posted here is not a strict diet it is mainly what I ate last week (being single I often eat the same thing over and over till it's gone and I am sick of it simply because it is hard to buy and cook small portions) But I would apreciate it if anyone has any hints on nutrition.

Today I did the ellipse machine for 45 minutes (the last 5 nearly killed me) but I kept a slower pace and kept my heart rate at a steady pace (173). I also worked out my lower body. I bought the book "fitness for dummies" it has a pretty good variety of basic info. Maybe it will have something on nutrition,

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hungry, two things that stand out are the dairy intake and shrimp. Even if it is skim milk I would cut down on it. Now do you have any issues with energy? (not enough) Also do you know what form the minerals are in and how much there is in the multiple you take? Even if it's "chelated" it's nice but isn't specific, you'll want to look for words like citrate, gluconate and what have you, if it indicates that. Email me if you want to know more.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I am sick with the flu. No fun at all. I did my full workout yesterday (met with the trainer) and 45 minutes of cardio. I want to add in crunches but first I have to get over this bug. Groan. NO work out today.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I felt better yesterday. I did my full body workout and 45 minutes of cardio I also added in the crunches (200 to start with) I can feel it today. I didn't go to the gym today I had to much going on but I will be back in their tommorow.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Yesterday I went to the gym an id my upper and lower body workout. I also did 200 crunches but ran out of time before cardio I had every intention of going back last night after a test at school but it didn't happen. the real bummer is that the gym is going to be closed over the weekend while they do some remodeling. I am not sure what to do perhaps jog? I was really trying to stay in the habit too.

Thursday when I was at the gym I saw the P.O. to my old congregation there working out. He walked by me and gave me a funny look. I smiled and waved and he did likewise, but he did not even stop and talk to me. His wife and I were best friends, we did everything together. As I was leaving I saw him standing in a corner talking to some other lady, I made a point to at least go up smile and say goodbye. I don't know why that was important to me but I guess I am sick of people pretending I don't exist when I have just drifted. I felt good making him acknowledge me. The other day I saw an old witness (so called)friend at the store and as she walked by me she dropped her head and shuffled by. GRRR it is infuriating, I mean it would be bad enough if I was disfellowshipped but these ignorant jerks don't even take the time to find out accurate info they just ASSume. So much for not judging others! Anyway I decided that from now on I am gonna go up to them and be real friendly, if they still act strangely I will do what another poster suggested (sorry I forgot who mentioned it) and act like "oops I am sorry I didn't know that You were Df'd" just venting.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

No exercise at all oveer the weekend. Monday I went to the gym and did my full work out , Tuesday I left school early ( I was sick) and did not work out. Feeling better today,I am going right after class but I have to split my workout into upper and lower body on alternating days with cardio and crunches everyday. Because the whole thing takes over 2 hours. Also on the days when I know that I am only doing cardio it is easier for me to skip . so today I will do upper body, cardio and crunches.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Cool...an online exercise club.

"All together now......10 right clicks of the mouse! And a 1 and a 2 and a 3...."

"And with me click and draaaaaaaag.........and hold it and hold it......and reLEASE!"

Hey, I'm feelin' fitter already! Next week....the Ctrl Alt Del finger stretch.

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit