Exercise support group

by hungry4life 20 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

We have had some posts concerning body size, build and weight and it seems to be an issue that concerns many of us. Well ok I am tired of complaining about feeling out of shape and I am finally ready to do something about it. I started jogging tonight not a whole lot (1 1/2 miles in a jog/walk combo). But considering that I have always hated running this is a huge accomplishment for me. I am slowly going to increase my distance and actual jog time. I am putting up this post because I can use some encouragement. also since I come on this board everyday I figure I can post my daily accomplishments and keep a running tab of it. Don't worry I won't do it forever(the posting I mean) just 2 weeks or so until I get into the habit. If anybody else out there is exercising and needs support please post on here. Sort of a virtual work out partner.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Great idea hungry4life!

I have also just started up walking. I bought some good walking shoes to get me motivated, and have walked around my area a couple of times so far. I'm not aiming for every day, but at least 3 times a week.

So I'll be interested in your exercising and how things go. Do you listen to music while you're walking? I don't but I might in the future.

And good for you for starting an exercise routine!

• Smoldering Wick
  • hungry4life
    hungry4life

lol wick. No Prisca I did not listen to music but that is a great idea and I will do that tommorow. As for today's entry I did not do so well. I went to Costco (grocery shopping) after school and I did not make it home until after dark. I did not feel that it was safe to go jogging in the dark (the area is poorly lit). So I missed my exercise tonight. I guess if I look on the bright side my whole motive in going grocery shopping was to make sure I had lots of healthy food at home ( it doesn't do any good to jog and then go eat at McDonalds). So at least now I will be eating healthier (all the rest of you single people know how easy it can be to neglect grocery shopping and just eat out). So I guess it was not a total loss. This is the reason I started this post to force myself to have some accountability. When you are alone you can put things off for months without even realizing your excuses have gone on for so long. But this way when I do my nightly post I will have a running log of my progress.

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

Does shoveling snow count?
    Good job on the exercising! I am off to the Y tomorrow. You have inspired me.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey ladies,I`ve made a living in the fitness world.I will be watching for your posts..>>>Concerned mama,What ever,yo-yo/sexy teen /ect ect...Outlaw

• Prisca
    Prisca

Hey Outlaw,

Not everyone here is a troll!

Concerned mama came on this board when her child (her daughter, I think) became involved with a JW. She came here asking questions, fearful that her daughter(?) would get involved with the JWs too. Since then, she's stuck around.

Just goes to show it helps to have a good memory on this board!

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

well I joined a gym tonight (6 month membership). I also worked out (lower body) and jog walked for about 30 minutes. I also bought myself some workout pants and shirts. I am really excited about this but realistically the only thing leaner so far is my wallet.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I worked out for 20 minutes on one of those glider style machines. I thought I was going to die and I was only on the first level. I went and worked out a bit but was overwhelmed so I asked the trainer for some help. She was great she set me up on a routine and I will meet with her again on Monday. I have a feeling I am going to be sore tommorow. Oh yeah I bought a couple more work out outfits (I can't help it if Mervyn's is right around the corner from this gym).

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

I did my full lower body workout tonight and 40 minutes on the glider machine thingy. It was better I kept my speed down and my heartrate at about 173 last time it was 192 and I thought I was gonna die. Does anyone know what heartrate I should be striving for? I am 32 years old 5'4 and about 10 lbs over my ideal weight (female). Oh yeah I bought a gym bag today (I never used to shop much but this is getting bad, I think I have everything I need now though)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit