Glory Days

by MrFreeze 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I would highly suggest reading Steven Hassan's "Releasing the Bonds" book.

You can find it on Amazon (my listing is under (Free Minds Store)

or here:

http://www.freeminds-store.com/books/releasing-the-bonds-empowering-people-to-think-for-themselves.html

If you email me at [email protected] I can suggest some options to get yourself together, or we can talk on the phone.

Randy Watters

www.freeminds.org

• smiddy
    smiddy

MrFreeze

Take a deep breath count to 10 and hang in their, previous posters have offered you great suggestions , take advantage of them.Their are heaps of people on this board who can relate to what your going through , talk to them , open up ,and I`m sure they will open up to you.

You have a great network of support here , take advantage of it ,please

Feel free to pm me if you want to , and I will get back to you.

smiddy

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Thanks for the comments everyone. You have all certainly given me a lot to think about. I do know that I need to do something to get out of this funk.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

This is rather random, but, I've found that volunteering- focusing on others and somewhat less on myself for a certain period of time (not totally disregarding my own feelings, not diminishing them, and never avoiding introspection, of course), can help a lot. (I wish I could volunteer this summer.) I don't know if that's your "thing", but sometimes making a commitment to help others can really lift one's own spirit. And if you are not able to volunteer a lot, there's short-term, non-committal volunteering that is available as well. I've even heard of volunteering partly through the internet.

Whatever you do, good luck. :)

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yes, do get the funk out

Vague references to late 80s hair metal bands notwithstanding

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit