Just venting - I hate the Society.

by donny 59 Replies latest jw friends

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Donny, I'm feeling your pain. I have similar issues with my sons. It's all about the Society, not about being godly or kind and loving.

It's so maddening that they can't see that they are so controlled and manipulated.

Please don't give up on your son. Hate the religion, love your son.

00DAD

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Donny: I disassociated in September of 1992 because an elder was watching my house with binoculars ...

It's amazing that they can convince themselves that this is acceptable behavior. The WTBTS leadership makes the Pharisees of the Bible look like amateurs.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie

Yes I hate the society as well. I've been shunned for 35 years by my uber elder cousin and my mother and their kids. My cousin's middle daughter never was on board with the JW's until now, she just turned 31 and she occasionally goes to a meeting isn't baptised or anything but now she's shunning me too! Unbelievable! The family has dangled a carrot in front of her face regarding how nice it is to be a family and if you "come back" we can all do things together etc. I saw her last year and she was not on board and we were actually working on building a friendship but then all of a sudden something snapped and she's quit communicating with me. She always hated the JWs so I really dont' get it! GRRRRR! Oh and my mother has decided to give all of her estate to the Watchtower since she doesn't think I need the money for retirement. and she actually said ' well you won't get that old anyway" implying I'll be killed at Armaggedeon. Feel the love!!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

So sorry for your plight, I am in a somewhat similar situation. Thank goodness I never alowed my children to get baptized and they are not part of the borg. All my family, including cousins and aunts/uncles are part of the borg and so no one has anything to do with me. I know it is harder for you because it's your son. I hate the organization and hope it's demise will come soon. They have destroyed so many familes it's unbelievable. I hope your son sees the light of the real truth. Don't give up hope. I am sure he will truly miss your relationship.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Donny, Sorry for your pain. Sounds like your son is conflicted, this is good and a sign that there is hope for a continued future relationship.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Donny, I was thinking about your post and wondered if you had the chance you might ask your son something along the lines of:

• If what you are doing [in shunning your own father] is really "the Right Thing" to do, then why do you think it is so hard for you?
    • Is this REALLY what you think Jesus/Jehovah/God would want you to do? Treat me?
    • For what are you "taking a stand"? For what is right or what imperfect men are telling you is right?

00DAD

• donny
    donny

00DAD: I hear you and I wish I could reason with him, but the past 20 years has shown me that he does not listen to "reason." He pretty much quit doing that during his 3 year stint at Bethel. I feel he somewhat knows that the religion is a bunch of hooey, but he is so far in the mix that he dares not do anything that might bring reproach upon this "fine" religious character that he has created.

It makes me sick because he is a smart kid and is a very good electrical engineer. But all common sense gets packed away once "Jehovah" enters the conversation.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I met several of his co-workers and had a good time while I was there.

I am wondering why he wanted you to meet his co-workers before telling you he couldn't speak to you again, and I wonder what they would say if they found out about his pronouncement that he couldn't speak to you again. I wonder if they'd think he was "honoring his father."

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

So sorry for your pain.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

While I no longer subscribe to the WT myself, I do recognize that world events are heading downhill rather quickly. I still subscribe to the beliefs and teachings (I just couldn't stand the drama of the kingdom hall) of the Bible. My personal observations are that we are indeed headed for a global collapse both with monetary policies and political leadership failures.

When it is all said and done, "we" humankind cannot govern ourselves correctly. It's as simple as that...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit