Just venting - I hate the Society.

by donny 59 Replies latest jw friends

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Donny, I am so sorry

I have a grown still in and though he's just in because of his wife, I can feel your pain. If he told me something like that I'm sure I would be very despondant.

I'm sending good feelings your way. We can all get through this together. Let's keep willing the Watchtower Society's collapse is at hand.

We all have a very unique commonality we broke free from a cult

Don't worry it will collapse and you will have your son back some day.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ugh! So sorry to hear that donny. That totally sucks... and blows. It sounds like it's really hitting him hard, too. The fact that he showed you around where he works and introduced you to his workmates tells me that he very much wants you to continue to be a part of his life.

'...he stated that in my future trips down here, he would not be able to meet with me as he needs to make a stand for “the truth.”'

Well, maybe it's time for him to come up and visit you in Cali where there's no risk of dubs seeing the "necessary family business." Tell him you've had 'a stroke' and need him to come down and 'help.' ... And by 'a stroke', I mean this...

And by "help", I mean this...

help

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Sorry to hear the wts was able to again succeed in destroying another family.

If he actually does began to shun you, you have very few options, one is to wait for him to wake up and smarten up or try sending him a personal, emotional letter and maybe include why you don't want to be part of wts and why he shouldn't cut contact with you - if possible get him to promise you he'll read it. I wish I had better advice.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Donny that is a very sad story and I am sorry for your troubles. What I don't get is why does your son believe that taking a stand against you will help his chances of survival through Armageddon? Just about every Christian denomination has Armageddon as being close the Witnesses are just more vocal about the last days whereas the other religions want to just "keep on the watch" and not stir up panic within their ranks. Just because the Society is right about the last days (not saying they are, but that's what your son's perspective is) doesn't mean you have to be a JW to survive the big A. The Society could just be the shouter and they are throwing out the red carpet for the second coming of Christ. It takes a special effort of self convincing to make that leap that the Society is the Ark of Armageddon and all on the outside perish. Just because someone has been expelled from the church doesn't maket them Armageddon fodder. This takes a stretch of the scriptures to come to.

Your son believes what he is being told and the proof was in his tears. The Great Crowd is a group of ALL tribes, nations, peoples and tongues so how could anyone say that it is a single group? You are certainly in some sort of tribe on this planet in one way or another. How can anyone say that the groups you exist within are certainly not part of the Great Crowd of Revelation? I just don't see how your son is able to make that logical jump and say that you are on the outside of the ark somehow. Where is the rationale?

-Sab

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder how he'll feel 40-50 years from now when you're gone and the end still hasn't come.

Hopefully, he will wake up long before then.

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

This sounds like the Milgram Experiment, only it isn't an experiment, and the Watchtower cannot ever be questioned.

Let's hope your son comes to senses one day.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

It's very sad that a son cannot have a relationship with his own flesh and blood father in order to serve Jehovah.

That Jehovah requires that kind of obediance and love.

It's also tragic that your son is preparing himself for Armeggedon.

A judgement time for Jehovah not anyone else. (in their way of thinking)

If he starts dealing with hurts now, does he think it will be less painful at Armeggedon.

I thought Jehovah would wipe out every tear from their eye and there would be pain and suffering no more.

It's like going on a hiking expedition and your Dad is old and might not make it, so instead of having a great time,

enjoying each other, loving each other, and STILL both being able to be the people you are,

the whole trip is spent fucked up, cuz someone MIGHT die.

purps

• cofty
    cofty

I am so sorry to hear about this Donny.

It sounds as if he is doing what he thinks is right, I hope his conscience is hurting him about it, hopefully he will rethink sooner or later.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I 'got holy' and told my aunt, FlyingHighNow something sililar. I'm sure it hurt her as this is hurting you. There's always hope , I made amends with Heather and we are closer than ever. It can happen to you...I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this. Thingd can change, and I hope they do for you some day.

Chris-

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    He went on to emphasize that world events are backing up the Society’s claims that the end is at hand and
    he cannot afford to be straddling the fence when that time comes...Donny

Matthew 24:36..

New International Version(©1984)
    "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

New Living Translation(©2007)
    "However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows.

English Standard Version(©2001)
    “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

New American Standard Bible(©1995)
    "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

International Standard Version(©2008)
    "No one knows when that day or hour will come-not the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father,

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    But about that day and about that hour no one knows, not even the Angels of Heaven, but The Father alone.

GOD'S WORD® Translation(©1995)
    "No one knows when that day or hour will come. Even the angels in heaven and the Son don't know. Only the Father knows.

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American King James Version
    But of that day and hour knows no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

American Standard Version
    But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    But of that day and hour no one knoweth, not the angels of heaven, but the Father alone.

Darby Bible Translation
    But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of the heavens, but my Father alone.

English Revised Version
    But of that day and hour knoweth no one, not even the angels of heaven, neither the Son, but the Father only.

Webster's Bible Translation
    But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Weymouth New Testament
    "But as to that day and the exact time no one knows--not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone.

World English Bible
    But no one knows of that day and hour, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

Young's Literal Translation
    'And concerning that day and the hour no one hath known -- not even the messengers of the heavens -- except my Father only;

........................................................................................

So the Bible is Wrong and the WatchTower is Right!

Am I Christian?..

Or..

A WatchTard??..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit