Wondering about this Child abuse thng,How do I file a case?

by aquagirl 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Kinda wondering about this,because our P.O.used to take me,and probably other young girls out,alone,in field service,and let his penis hang out of his pants.I was so young,that I really wasnt sure what it was.Being raised on a farm,and slaughtered many animals,I though it was some sort of entrail'..I know,ignorant country girl.This happened for YEARS tho..Another girlfriend had an elder try to touch her on several occasions,and was publicly reproved when she told her mum{a devout JW} about it...Not looking for any money,but it would be nice to get all of them.The guy that I had my issues with had an airplane and always counseled others on materialism.My brother got 'counseled'by this clown, because he put an 8track in his car!!!

• snowbird
    snowbird

I don't know how you would file a case, but I just want to give you a .

You've mentioned that sicko before, and I'm astounded each time I read it.

Bastard!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Yeah,he is either in Texas or Florida now.Unusual name,would be easy to find him..Smug bastard.Told my dad that his strong Polish accent would 'put folks off' on 'the truth'...Id love to have a few moments w/him in a room full of cacti...

• Anti-Cult
  • wannabefree
    wannabefree

(I am not a lawyer)

I am assuming the statute of limitations would be up for you to make an accusation. You would probably have to find a victim of his that did report it and the Watchtower did not properly handle it, get them to come forward and you would be able to provide corroboration.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

aquagirl - he sounds a real charmer. You owe it to others (and yourself) to get him 'exposed' (bad choice of words). He could be contnuing to do this with other kiddies. Could you also contact any of your peers from your childhood congregation to find out if he exposed himself to them too?

• Gayle
    Gayle

You could get Rick Simons, attorney of Candace Conti, email from Barbara Anderson. He probably would not take your case but he belongs to a network of established, experienced attorneys. They have 20 years experience of this sort of abuse involving with religion and assist attorneys taking on this kind of case so that the attorney doesn't have to start from scratch that doesn't have this kind of experience. I listened to him on the conference call and Barbara assisted him a lot with documents also. PM me if you want Barbara's email.

• corpusdei
    corpusdei

The first thing you'll want to do would be to get in touch with a lawyer that has experience dealing with these matters - they'll be able to give you a much clearer picture of what options are available, whether there's a statute of limitations involved (depending on the time of the incident and the charges pursued this may well be within those statutes), as well as whether there's a viable case present. You might check out this site to assist in getting the name of local legal counsel - http://lawyers.findlaw.com/.

An alternative may be to seek out local abuse support groups, they may also be able to provide some direction as to what legal recourse may be available (but an actual lawyer would naturally be able to give a more definitive answer)

EDIT: Or follow some of the advise above - that looks like a clearer path. ;)

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Thats awful aquagirl. I hope you nab the sonofabitch.

• blondie
    blondie

Check with the local law enforcement in the area the 'crime' took place) and the DA's office. I would also use Google and check the websites in that state and county to see what the laws are. They vary from state to state. wannabefree has some excellent suggestions too. Remember there is probably only eyewitness testimony after all these years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit