Christ vs. FDS At District Convention 2012

by d0rkyd00d 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• d0rkyd00d
    d0rkyd00d

My girlfriend is a baptized JW (Complex situation, don't ask). I am a non-believer who faded many years ago. I wanted to give her a challenge when she attends this year's district convention, and offer that I would attend next year's DC if I was incorrect.

My challenge is to mark down every time they mention the FDS, governing body, God's organization, etc., compared to how often they mention Jesus Christ as being their mediator / savior, to see how outnumbered he is. If they mention Christ more than the former (or even just the FDS), then I will attend next year. From anybody who has already attended, what do you think the results would be?

• Quendi
    Quendi

I'd be interested in this as well. I haven't been to any meeting in more than two years but I'm certain your girlfriend will discover that both Jesus and Jehovah are being given short shrift from the WTS these days. A tally will make that obvious.

Quendi

• Fernando
    Fernando

What is convention theme & scripture?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

I have listened to a few of the DC talks....you have nothing to worry about. If the rest of the talks follow the same line, you will not be attending next year.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Jesus made very brief appearances again this year. A little more than DC 2010, but not much.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Oooooh! This is actually a fun exercise and I actually did it this past DC. I don't have my notes on me, but rest assured Jesus did not win - not by a long shot.

To be honest, I always thought the whole "All they talk about is The Slave, they never mention Jesus" was an apostate bias. . after this DC, I can safely say it is not. Very interesting.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Okay, just looked at my Friday notes. . .

What throws it back in Jesus's favor is the "Audio Drama"

But outside of that, Jesus gets 4 mentions, while the Faithful and Discreet Slave/Slave Class/Faithful Slave gets 14.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Jesus? Who's he?

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Cantleave: You made me laugh and spit my drink out!!!!

Kojack

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit