This board needs some fluff

by mrsjones5 48 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

And I'm going to start it.

Ok, today I was invited to go my favorite local radio station (94.7 Sacramento) and record some stuff about my favorite playlist. I had submitted this list about a month ago and got the call on Monday to come on down to the radio station. I took my hubby, got to meet the dj (a very cool and nice guy indeed) and just had a very nice time. I was told that my playlist will be broadcast soon, I'll be notified before they do it, and I'm terribly excited about it.

Here's my playlist:

Slave to Love - Brian Ferry

How Soon is Now - The Smiths

Every Little Thing She Does is Magic - The Police

Blue Savanah Song - Erasure

Christian Boy - Robert Siedler

West End Girls (1984 version) - Pet Shop Boys

Why Me? - Project P (Tony Carey) Just picking seven songs what would be on your favorite playlist?

• laverite
    laverite

Very cool! I like it. And what a fun experience for you two.

I can't contribute to the favorite playlist as mine are all in French. ;-P

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Mrs J - I think we have a generation gap here, I just know two of the songs on your list and I actually like them too! West End Girls and Everything Little Thing She Does is Magic.

I have heard of Brian Ferry, however never heard that song, and the other four groups you mention, never heard of em'

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, I thought we were somewhat close in age Shirley. I would post videos for said songs but I can't do it on this goshdurn iPad and the hubby is on the Mac.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

How cool. I bet they were excited when someone as cool as you showed up. I love your list. I especially love West End Girls!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I hope I was cool enough for them. The dj made a comment about my being the only person so far to point out the difference between the 1984 version and the 1986 version of "West End Girls" by the Pet Shop Boys. I was tickled brownish pink about that. He also like that I had Erasure on my list.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Didn't even know there were two versions, is one version longer than the other?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, the first version is simpler. The second version IMHO is overproduced and more well known. I don't like the second version.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3j2NYZ8FKs <.......my late, beloved nephew David showed this song to me when it was new, "I really like this one, Aunt Heather."

• FlyingHighNow

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit