Do You Make Fun Of "Jehovah" or Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I have a friend that calls Witness, Jovies in a very deriding way. "I saw the Jovies in the street....haha"

Personally, I don't think it's very nice or even mature.... but what do I know?

• darthweef
    darthweef

I have a friend who, when I left the organization and declared myself an atheist, bought me a hoodie that says "Jesus is a C**T!" ... I politely refused the gesture, as I find that sort of thing extremely rude, and not the word, but the brazen disrespect of other peoples beliefs.

Personally I think religion is harmful, destructive and ultimately an anchor to a dark time of ignorance and superstition... but those are my beliefs and I hope that people in my life will respect them, just as I respect their belief in God.

It's never cool to make fun of people ... never.

--

Stephen

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I don't make fun of 'Jehovah'- he is too boring, in a non-existent kind of way... and the Witnesses- it has been too long; many of the ones I knew are dead or moved away… or they are my family.

IMO this religion is like a disease- not funny.

• Sulla
    Sulla

Most of us have family who are still in. No, not tolerated. I can do it, though.

• yknot
    yknot

neither...and I never will......

now our "Mother", well the WTS occassionally is fair game...

but still I gotta be in a 'mood' to do that

• elderelite
    elderelite

What yknot said...

Although i wont say aloud or type the desert gods name, i dont make fun of dubbies....

• loosie
    loosie

Of course I do. i figure they got a good laugh outta me being in for 30 years so I laugh at them now.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

No,I have family still-in,and I used to be a Witness. I think for some it's a way of letting go of the hurt and anger from being associated with the religion.

But,I've been picked on and bullied off and on for most of my life,so I try my best to treat others and their beliefs with respect.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I do but only for a laugh not to be hurtful. I'll make fun of my own mother for a laugh. Gotta have a sense of humor.

Actually, I am pretty respectful at least most of the time. I know who can handle the humor and who can't .

• Twitch
    Twitch

I call 'em jojo's sometimes. The odd joke at the pub or at work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit