JW-MEDIA.ORG POSTED IT!!

by Cacky 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Cacky
    Cacky

http://www.jw-media.org/usa/20120620.htm

They posted on their media page the story and that they are appealing. They are sounding all vicitimized. All I can say is they must be getting HAMMERED by inquiries or they never would have done that!! Yay!!

• snowbird
  • snare&racket
    snare&racket

I wish the press would report the elders book, page 71 and 72 .

The fact that the book starts by saying no one else may read the book, not even family, make sure no one is around when you read it...

Surely this is paper worthy?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

http://www.jw-media.org/usa/20120620.htm

Jehovah's Witnesses to appeal jury verdict in California case
    NEW YORK-Jehovah's Witnesses will appeal the decision of a California jury in a court case involving alleged acts of child abuse.
    The jury rendered a multimillion-dollar damage award to a woman who claimed that she was molested as a child by a member of a local congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses. At trial, the plaintiff claimed that the policies of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society contributed to the alleged abuse. "We respectfully disagree with the jury's decision. This is the first time that an organization was found responsible for the alleged misdeeds of a member who held no position of leadership or authority," states James McCabe, an attorney representing Watchtower in the case. "We are very sorry for whatever harm this young lady may have suffered. However, the organization is not responsible. We now look to the Court of Appeals for a thorough review of this case."
    J. R. Brown, a spokesman at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses, commented: "The fact that Jehovah's Witnesses abhor child abuse and strive to protect children from such acts is well-known. The individual members of any organization must ultimately bear the responsibility for their own actions, particularly when the acts are so flagrantly against the morals and principles of the organization and society."

BOLD is mine.

If they wouldn't have concealed that fact that he was a child molester, they wouldn't have been held responsible for the molestation. Period...end of story.

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Did the abuser confess? I thought he confessed...

MMM

• poppers
    poppers

They used the word "alledged" abuse, which implies that abuse has not been proven or admitted. I thought the abuse was admitted to. Seems to me they are not being forthright in their reporting.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

Maybe someone who has the elder book can give it to the press I guess?

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

From their response, it looks like they are pointing their fingers to the elders

• nugget
    nugget

Full of loaded language. Reading the Elders court testimony clearly shows how the organisation contributed to allowing the abuse to happen and just because Mr Kendrick wasn't an elder doesn't mean that the organisation bears a lesser responsibility. Elders assign and approve who works together on the service and the elders were aware of his past abuse but did not investigate it taking his confession alone nor did they make any effort to limit his contact with minors.

It really is there to reassure witnesses that this is some mistake. They don't mention other allegations that have been settled out of court implying that this is a one off event as if this is the first time they have ever been accused. Witnesses will read and believe.

• Morbidzbaby
    Morbidzbaby

poppers~ Kendrick had admitted to sexually abusing his step-daughter while she slept. She awakened during it and so he went to the elders and confessed and was removed as a Ministerial Servant. So, the elders KNEW he had a history of admitted abuse. It was on record. All they did was remove him as a MS, nothing more. Also, a few years after he abused Candace, he went on to be charged with sexual assault of a minor under the age of 14 (for another child who actually reported him) and was convicted and is a registered sex offender...He is also presently an active member of another congregation in which no one knew his past except the elders (due to that lovely "letter of recommendation" they send along when you switch congregations).

So, two SEPARATE congregations covered up this asshole's history of sexually abusing children when it came to protecting the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit