This made me awfully sad

by corpusdei 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bells
    Bells

This is so sad.

This woman is choosing a God -over her own son - which let's face it - God may or may not (probably not really) exist - and even if he does - may or may not agree with the shunning policy... Probably not, though - if he is a god of love

Sad :(

• tec
    tec

Bells... to shed some light on what God wants:

"I desire mercy, not sacrifice."

How many people did Christ tell to go and learn what that means? How many people still don't understand what it means? That letter and the action inherent is testament to NOT understanding this. The WTS does the very opposite of what God states (and Christ confirmed) that He wants, and teaches its followers to do the same. They do so... but only because they are following a voice that does not belong to the Shepherd.

Again, sad. So sad.

Peace,

tammy

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Yes it is sad, because this is how the Watchtower, and the ‘true believers’ who fill the seats at the KH try to sabotage and destroy the lives of all who want to leave and have a normal life. Trying to react in a constructive and positive way when you receive a letter like this is extremely difficult.

• still thinking
    still thinking

for all of you who have lost family because of this cult. I can only imagine your pain, but it makes me so sad for you all.

• What Now?
    What Now?

This is heartbreaking to me, both as a mother and a daughter ...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

the religion if you want to call it that is plain poison

• Giordano
    Giordano

The witnesses are locked into a very simple religion. Bordered on all sides by black and white decisions and further walled off by the GB who basically does the thinking for them from a corporate perspective. With no suggestion that you can think for yourself the average submisive witness has confused the concept that to love a child one must withhold one's love, care and parental protection until one's off spring comes crawling back to a religion that they never had an opportunity to make fair choice about.

• iceguy
    iceguy

I'm so glad that I can think of my late Mom as a Mom with natural affection. She always ignored the shunning policy when my sister was df'd multiple times. My heart goes out to those who lose family because of the shunning policy.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

Horrible, just horrible.

My mom and I were talking about the shunning policy again the other day and I asked her "Who did Jesus hang out with? Tax collectors, thieves and whores right? And did Jesus treat anyone like garbage; even when he knew they were an unrepentant sinner on an unbeliever?"

She said, "No, I guess you have a point, but" and then proceeded to spout off some wash-towel bullshit about why the policy is good and how it works.

I then said, "I already know that, but if we are supposed to imitate Jesus, where does his humility and human decency come in on this equation? And if you really believe you are supposed to imitate him, then how can you treat ANYONE badly if you know he didn't?

She replied, "I don't know" under her breath and then said "enough about this" and quickly changed the subject.

Judging form her facial expressions and body language she was quite uncomfortable with the conversation, however I could tell that her wheels and cogs were spinning.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

'Mother thinks that shunning is the loving thing to do.'

Therefore shunning behaviour is compromised in the name of cult(or whatever). I agree NOT!

It was easiler to shun non-family members for me. It was Mainly because we hardly run into each other except at the kingdom Hall. I did shunned disfellowshipped witness at the KH by not carrying out any conversation with them but greeted them if I ran into them at the parking lot, at the door of the KH. 'Hi' 'Good to see you' 'keep it up' etc and at least smiled at them. I never took that as violation of shunning rule. That was encourgement! Nothing wrong to encourage your fellow human IMO, let alone your former friends.

As far as concerning disfellowshipped family members, we(my imediate family and I) never shunned them. We limited our association publickly but privately. We took in our DF'ed grown child once. He had no where to go. He just showed up one late night. He was in need and we made ourselves availble to him (I would have done it for anyone). For the consequences, the elders took Book Study out of our house and we were refrain from certain privilliage. So what? Our own advancement or whatever you call it, was last thing in our mind. We did what was right.

For mother to shun her own son and writing a such letter in believing it as a proof of demonstrating love, at a time when he needs her more than ever?

I am sorry it's beyond my area. I am not buying it. There's nothing will convince me for a such behavior. You can blame on cult and policing yourself at all times including activetly shunning your own flash, but then why don't you policing what you do to yourself and don't follow the rules for 100% of the times.

Have you ever drank overly as a loyal witness? Engage in oral sex? Engage in clique among your fellower believers? Did you ignore needy elderly? Have you ever saved unnecessary seats at the convention disregarding others need?...................

Who of us completely innocent in following any of these rules? Some of which DFing offense. Did you go talk to your elders out of love for your own salvation? Why are we so generous and excusable to ourselves(using imperfection excuse) and yet all of sudden, act like 100% rule follower when it comes applying rules to others including your own flesh?

My sister-in-law is shunning her brother. Her brother never treated her differently while she was disfellowshipped for all those years. Why different? Is she more spiritural? She is not even regular in her meeting attandance. Her brother was an elder, one highly respected by R&F, during entire time she was DF'ed. My SIN is living in morbid fear of elders and suffering with paranoia for sometimes and lacking a sense of Justice.

Encouraging your children to shun your df'ed ex is another thing I am furious. It's all out of selfishness. You only think about your own vendetta or agenda. You have no your children's best interest what so ever. You have no right to take their other parent away from them. (sorry for rant.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit