Proof that humankind existed at least 28,000 years ago

by The Oracle 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ballistic
    ballistic

Well, I can't be an expert in everything and don't even know how long ago the Jurrassic period was (probably more than 28000 years) but my point is, if I was a caveman, I would use something easy and available to paint on the wall. (they didn't know they were creating something so special - to them it was just like pissing on the wall) so I don't think they would dig up an ancient antique and use that one special item.

• Kudra
    Kudra

You could have 10,000 year old viable, non-petrified charcoal. (There is even wood that is several millions of years old that has been found that is not petrified -i.e. you could burn it in your fireplace if you wanted to).

So you're saying that perhaps 18k ago someone dug up a piece of 10k yer old wood and drew with it, causing us to date the drawing at 28k ago? I suppose that is technically possible but it would be so exceedingly rare that one could find a piece of 10k year old charcoal. Even if a researcher went out with the specific task of finding such a piece, it wouldn't be easy, and that is someone who is *trying* to locate such a piece.

Also, any piece that old would likely be really small. I suspect that cave drawings would be done with a fresh stick with the tip burned to provide charcoal. Carrying a ~1cm^2 piece of charcoal back from having found it in a cutbank or something and using it to draw would be so unlikely as to be impossible I would reckon the researchers would reason. Also, such small pieces wouldn't last but an inch or so on the wall, right?

• Lore
    Lore

That would be pretty crazy. . . but too crazy for a creationist?

• ballistic
    ballistic

I live near the Kimmeridge ledges, they are 1 million years old. (I just checked) When you go down there it's very desolate and quiet, and the place is so alien. You see the amonite fossils in the rock and a layer of oil is exposed in the cliff face which makes the whole place smell strange. It's a really bizarre place to spend an afternoon (making sure you don't get cut off by the tide) and it's the only place I have been where you can really "FEEL" the ancient aeons that have passed by, with a little fore knowledge and insight, you can really feel like you have gone back in time.

• Kudra
    Kudra

sweet! I'd love to visit there... I know what you mean about immersing yourself in such a place where you can feel the age - seeing fossils like that is truly mindblowing.

(if they are Jurassic they are about 170 million years old tho -stuff that is a million years old is still just plain old dirt.)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Yeah, googles not all that it's cracked up to be ;)

• Kudra
    Kudra

I'd love to go on a geology tour of the world...

• ballistic
    ballistic

Strange thing is I far more enjoy being somewhere that remote as Kimmeridge, (which is hard to find in England) than say Stomehendge, where every photo opportunity is filled with visitors. I think it's good to find places that are undiscovered or unappreciated.

• j dubb
    j dubb

did it look like this?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

It's all lies, even the lies are lies about lies!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit