Is there a connection with the Brentwood and Oakley Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, Kendrick and Gulardo ?

by Balaamsass 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    If, in fact, Phillip Garrido "became a member" of the Brentwood or Oakley congregations during this time period, as one source alleges, then he would have been subject to one or more internal judicial actions by his congregation's Body of Elders.

That is a huge 'if'.

It is very likely that he had some type of contact and was under the influence of the cult's teaching at that time, but "became a member" suggests baptised. I'm not aware of anything in the news that suggests that he might have been baptised before he got thrown in the slammer. His activities may well have got the attention of the BOE, but "internal judicial actions" available for dealing with non baptised associates were very limited.

It would be very interesting to know when his mother was contacted, studied and was baptised.

Do you have any links to the history of Phillip? A timeline maybe? I did one for Nancy at the time, but never bothered with Phillip. Now I wish I had.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

For some of the relevant history see:

Pursuing God and sex -- latimes.com
  • Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have been calling and emailing contacts in Lake Tahoe and the Brentwood area. Interesting that one of the prosecutors for the El Dorado county District Attorney working on the Dugard case is and WAS a JW with relatives in the Brentwood area. He has done favors and pro-bono work for the WT society. You can be certain Watchtower legal made certain from the very beginning the JW connection was hushed up.

Not only could Geraldo not find Capones secret money ...he didn't stand a chance against WTBS.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Here is the link where Diane Sawyer interviews Jaycee Dugard and does mention the JW connection, although I don't remember what it was, and I am sure they did not mention any connection with any particular Kingdom Hall.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jaycee_dugard/jaycee-dugard-interview-diane-sawyer-future-surviving-philip/story?id=14040269#.T-PM2hfDelg

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

What happened when the Elders made a shepherding call on the Galardos?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks for the link Black sheep. If Galardo had "Joined" the Borg to get parole, I would imagine he got baptized. The Society was pushing the prisoner witnessing thing for a while. "

"The jury found Garrido guilty of kidnapping and he was sentenced to 50 years. He later pleaded guilty to rape. He served less than 11 years at the U.S. Penitentiary in Leavenworth, Kan.

That's where he met Nancy Bocanegra, the relative of another prisoner, whom he would marry. It's also where prison officials believed that his connection to God deepened.

In a psychological evaluation after the first year of Garrido's sentence, psychologist J.B. Kiehlbauch wrote that Garrido had joined the Jehovah's Witnesses and became a fervent practitioner.

"He sees himself as one whose life is and will be based on his strongly held religious beliefs, and all indications are that he is conducting his affairs in accord with the principles implied therein," Kiehlbauch wrote. "Prognosis for successful transition to the community is considered very good."

Three years after Garrido was paroled to his mother's house near Antioch, on a late spring day near the end of the school year, Jaycee Lee Dugard walked toward the bus stop in her South Lake Tahoe area neighborhood

I remember a nice sister married a con she met in the program ( he later beat her, cheated on her and left her broke after she helped get him paroled).

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Anyone know where Garardo and his wife are held today? Would make a great interview. Lots of new angles.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Just been reading some history and comments from people who knew him.

There was nothing in any quotes to suggest contact with WT doctrine, or JWs. Christianity, yes, but not WT.

• life is to short
  • Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Well, I guess we can write and find out more " Sister" Gulardo's new address:

California has a website for the department of corrections. A few bucks for stamps or "Canteen" can go far.

Physical Address:Mailing Address:

21633 Avenue 24
    Chowchilla, CA 93610
    (559) 665-6100

P. O. Box 99
    Chowchilla, CA 93610-0099

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit