Is there a connection with the Brentwood and Oakley Congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses, Kendrick and Gulardo ?

by Balaamsass 22 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I was simply googling the addresses of the Kingdom Hall Candace Conti's Molester Kendrick attends as a JW in "Good Standing", when I came upon this information. Is this new? Do birds of a feather flock together? What are the odds......?

Jehovah's Witnesses

2401 Smith Road

Brentwood, CA 94513

(925) 634-5654

This info blew 3 rd gen and my socks off ! Is this new?

As you may remember : The kidnapping of Jaycee Lee Dugard occurred on June 10, 1991, in South Lake Tahoe, California . Dugard was 11 years old at the time and was abducted from a street while she was walking from home to a school bus stop. She remained missing for more than 18 years. Dugard bore two daughters to Phillip Garrido who were aged 11 and 15 at the time of her reappearance. On June 2, 2011, Phillip Garrido was sentenced to 431 years imprisonment; his wife received 36 years to life. [ (wikapedia)

( New website on JW divorce) : “CALIFORNIA v. PHILLIP GARRIDO and CALIFORNIA v. NANCY GARRIDO are the notorious California criminal prosecutions related to the Jaycee Lee Dugard kidnapping, which have resulted in life prison terms for both Phillip and Nancy Garrido. Despite the criminal prosecutions, and the avalanche of media coverage, THE TRUTH about Phillip Garrido's past life is only now beginning to be made public.

Nancy Garrido was reared as a Jehovah's Witness, first in Texas, and then later in Colorado. The unmarried 25 year-old Jehovah's Witness, Nancy Bocanegra, was introduced to fellow Jehovah's Witness, Phillip Garrido, while Garrido was imprisoned in Leavenworth federal prison for a 1976 kidnapping and rape committed in Nevada. The "delayed" introduction reportedly was made in early 1980 only after Garrido's divorce from his first wife became final. Nancy Bocanegra was introduced to Phillip Garrido by one of his cellmates -- Nancy Bocanegra's Uncle, whom she occasionally visited. Phillip Garrido, age 30, and Nancy Bocanegra, age 26, were married inside Leavenworth Prison, in October 1981, by a non-denominational prison chaplain.

A 1978 mental evaluation conducted only 8-9 months after Garrido's arrival at Leavenworth states that Phillip Garrido was already, in March/April of 1978, a"very absorbed" Jehovah's Witness practitioner.Phillip Garrido has indicated that his interest in religion and GOD started sometime around 1973-74, and intensified around 1976-77(Remember that the JWs were then in the middle of their largest recruitment period ever -- 1966 to 1975 -- when the WatchTower Society was predicting Armageddon to occur in October 1975. After 1975, it was "any day now".) During Phillip Garrido's first year at Leavenworth, Phillip Garrido even rejected the idea of a transfer from prison incarceration to an outside psychological treatment program so that he could complete the religious and secular education programs he had by then already started at Leavenworth. (Although the WatchTower Cult has since relaxed its teachings on mental health treatment -- due to the high incidence of mental illness amongst its members -- at that time, Jehovah's Witnesses were proactively discouraged from seeking treatment from mental health professionals.)

So, when did Phillip Garrido first join the WatchTower Cult?IT IS BELIEVED THAT PHILLIP GARRIDO FIRST STARTED ATTENDING A KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SOMETIME IN THE EARLY 1970s -- possibly even as early as 1969-70, when Garrido was only 19-20 years old. Garrido either attended the Brentwood, California Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Oakley, California Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, or both, at various times. There is a vague lead which seems to suggest that Nancy Bocanegra was not the first female with JW connections in Phillip Garrido's life. Whether that possible female with JW connections was Garrido's first wife, one of many girlfriends, or even possibly his mother (which opens an enormous can of worms given that is with whom Phillip and Nancy lived all these years), I do not know. I do know that some older JWs in either the Brentwood and Oakley areas probably do know, but evidently are tight lipped.

I also know that Phillip Garrido was arrested and incarcerated multiple times from 1969 through 1974. If, in fact, Phillip Garrido "became a member" of the Brentwood or Oakley congregations during this time period, as one source alleges, then he would have been subject to one or more internal judicial actions by his congregation's Body of Elders. That would mean that Garrido's past history as a Jehovah's Witness would be known not only by one or both of those two California congregations, but probably also by WatchTower Society headquarters, in Brooklyn.

wow!

• mind blown
    mind blown

Holy Crap! Good find

I hope someone let's Barbara Anderson know about this tread, I wonder if this could be helpful to Conti's atty if appealed?!

• smiddy
    smiddy

Wow if this is genuine WOW

smiddy

• Fernando
    Fernando

Ouch!

If true maybe the skeletons are about to fall out of the cupboard by the dozen!

Maybe someone could corroborate and/or send to Conti's atty for the appeal or further investigation.

One very sick congregation with a very sick history if true. If so, there must have been some equally sick elders around too.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I forwarded the info to Barbara. When I was an elder I knew of a local JW pedofile (Elder) who had "friends" he spent time with, and got in "trouble" with in that hall from the 80s-2000s. I had heard that in that hall one or more Judicial commitees had handled molest cases of young girls as "Adultry" and swept the matter under the carpet when Elders and sons of Elders were involved. Perhaps there is some sort of connection.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I have been calling around and speaking to people. I could be wrong, but it appears Antioch, Oakley, Brentwood, and Discovery Bay all attended the same hall in the 70s-80s. Some parents left in a huff because adult on "tween" sex was handled as "consensual" and never reported to ANYONE as child molesting. At least one perp was appointed an elder. Any JVN members attend that hall?

• Gayle
    Gayle

I do wonder very much if there are such secrets in the congregation area where the Garridos lived and possibly/probably attended at least for awhile.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

So, when did Phillip Garrido first join the WatchTower Cult?IT IS BELIEVED THAT PHILLIP GARRIDO FIRST STARTED ATTENDING A KINGDOM HALL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SOMETIME IN THE EARLY 1970s -- possibly even as early as 1969-70, when Garrido was only 19-20 years old. Garrido either attended the Brentwood, California Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, or the Oakley, California Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, or both, at various times

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

Do a search on this site for "Garridos" their are results

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

All I can say is Wow. I have been reading old J.C. Dugard articles and postings here. Does anyone know how Watchtower kept the JW connection on the down-low?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit