Who Passed Jesus' Inspection In 1919?

by Cameron_Don 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Cameron_Don
    Cameron_Don

I was looking over the upcoming September 15 Watchtower study article where it says that “in 1919, something woke (the anointed) up! Jesus had come to inspect all those who called themselves Christians. SOME of the anointed did not pass this inspection.”

But as many of us know, NONE of the anointed would have passed an inspection of the 48 teachings that are mentioned in chapter 3 of “Captives of a Concept.”

For Example: According to the Proclaimers book, NONE of the anointed “woke up” to Jesus’ “invisible presence” beginning in 1914 until 1943 - 24 years after Jesus’ inspection was over.

And according to what they teach today, NONE of the anointed were awake enough to realize that THEY were Jesus’ “faithful and discreet slave” until several years after Jesus’ inspection was over.

What the above suggests to me is that both the anointed Governing Body and their non-anointed writers have lived with their fairy tale history so long that they may no longer be able to notice the difference between their fairy tale history and the reality.

Unfortunately, these are the ones millions of Jehovah’s Witnesses look to and depend on for their spiritual “food at the proper time.”

What about the above statement: "Some of the anointed did not pass this inspection?” What are the chances that Rutherford would have passed Jesus' inspection after writing "The Finished Mystery"? If he didn't pass that insipection in 1919, who did?

Don Cameron

• sacolton
    sacolton

They were still celebrating Christmas in 1919. If Jesus inspected them then and He approved. Why did the Watcthower forbid it later?

• cedars
    cedars

What are the chances that Rutherford would have passed Jesus' inspection after writing "The Finished Mystery"?

None at all, here's why: http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-4

As Ray Franz said, it would be an insult to suggest that Christ could choose the early Witnesses based on what they were publishing at that time.

Cedars

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Who says there was an inspection by Jesus in 1919?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Well Don, as you so clearly pointed out in your book, the WTBTS could not have passed that inspection.

But what I really like is the reasoning point that:

• IF what the IBSA taught THEN was correct, THEN why don't we believe those doctrines now? Or,
    • IF what JWs teach NOW is correct, THEN they couldn't have possibly passed any inspection in 1918/19!

No doctrine needed, just the simple knowledge that what JWs believe NOW is not the same as what they believed THEN.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

PT: Who says there was an inspection by Jesus in 1919?

Good point, more WT chicanery:

• WT: Jesus inspected all religions in 1918/19 and chose us!
    • Skeptic: How do you know this?
    • WT: Because we're the only ones that knew about Jesus' Invisible Presence and the secret inspection. That's how! And because he chose us, you should listen to us! Correction: You MUST listen to us. Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

Um, yeah ... I still can't believe I ever fell for this crap.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    As Ray Franz said, it would be an insult to suggest that Christ could choose the early Witnesses based on what they were publishing at that time.

Yes, Cedars.

And it's an insult to Christ to teach that he:

1. came, invisibly or not, in 1914. Matthew 28:20 "I am with you always".

2. would do anything so petty as to "inspect" groups of his so-called followers. Matthew 18:20"Wherever two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them" King James Version.

The whole thing is a nonsense, from beginning to end, and goes directly against Jesus' own words.

It is pure, fabricated fantasy. Fiction.

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Interesting. Last week a witness came to my door to invite me to the Convention. At the time when he rang the doorbell I was reading a small booklet by Peter Gregerson about why he left the organization, questioning their claim that Jesus had chosen this org in 1919.

I mentioned Studies in Scripture that Gregerson had mentioned in his booklet and the man dismissed it saying it was old literature. I asked him if Jesus chose the Watchtower in 1919. He was a very arrogant man and left in a huff saying that he was wasting his time talking to me. We did cover a number of issues and hopefully he will think about what he said. He had boasted that he had an IQ of 140.

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

Captives of a Concept is the best explanation I have read so far for it's clear and concise proofs that all JW's are captives to the concept of two major thoughts. 1) The most important date in it's history and 2) The most important event in it's history.

Those who have a history test of the Watchtower Society before having a Bible study with JW's will never become JW's.

The answer to your question Don is there was no such inspection.

Thanks for your book Captives of a Concept, I recommend it to all JW's.

Blueblades/MallCop

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'm glad I was raised Methodist. When I became a Jehovah's Witness, the stuff they taught and the prophecies that included themselves just made my eyes roll. Most of it was just laughable ... especially the "invisible presence" and the trumpet blasts from Revelation that meant their conventions. Just made me shake my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit