Can Satan enter your mind if you stop thinking?

by God_Delusion 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darthfader
    darthfader

This rubbish along with the false claim that we only use about 10% of our brain - so in the new system, we will use 100%. Once the WTBS prints something, it becomes "law" and no amount of scientific research or logical reasoning will replace it. Sheesh!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Total bunk. There is such a thing in spiritual Satanism, but you have to invite Satan into your life. He will not intrude uninvited. Yes, I have picked up a CD on hypnosis from Joy of Satan, an openly Satanist site. And yes, they do have such a thing as void meditation (where you deliberately clear your mind, if only for a few seconds at a time). Usually, it is extremely difficult for anyone to do void meditation for more than about 15 seconds before some thought will intrude. It is easier when done under hypnosis, but even then it is not foolproof.

What busts the myth is that the filthy angels are right there. In the witless religion, you run into so many of those scum that poor Satan has a miserable time entering anyone's mind. It is usually human nature, not Satan, that causes us to "sin". The rules go against human nature, so when human nature triumphs, a "sin" is committed. Invariably, Satan gets the blame. Not to mention, with all the prayers for butt-holy spirit for those witlesses who are "not able to be with us for whatever reason", more angels get sent to intrude (and, unlike Demons, angels WILL intrude unwanted and uninvited) onto your personal life.

And when Satan does enter your mind (invited, which is not possible if you have 100 millentillion angels blocking the communication both ways), it is to work with you. Satan is trying to work with you to fix whatever is wrong in your life, and to develop your power so you can fix it yourself as well as Satan removing problems too big for you alone (but I doubt even Father Satan can remove a megantillion angels from around you so He can work on you).

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

G_D, I heard that too. I wanted to do yoga and meditation but I was afarid. I don't know where the WTS got that info from. They probably just made it up like so many other things they come up with.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

WTWizard,

...but now that elderelite has instroduced us all to Thor, we have a very attractive alternative. Thor doesn't bother with any of this palaver. he sees us all as his friends and as long as we are honourable and brave he'll support his friends all the way.

I recommend Thor to everyone.

• mindseye
    mindseye

From what I remember, Satan could enter from not thinking, thinking too much, thinking too independently, thinking about something other than what is in the WT publications, and thinking for yourself.

As someone who recently began to practice zazen (zen meditation), the only side effect is feeling calmer and more relaxed. Satan hasn't showed up yet.

• poppers
    poppers

Yes, total bunk. What's ironic is that spending time in thought free awareness is very liberating because it's from there that one perceives their essential nature. Abiding in one's essential nature in a conscious way is what makes one a buddha (an "awakened one"). As a buddha you are naturally resistant to the influences of outside forces, ie "Satan". This "awakened" state is the antithesis of what Awake! rag magazine is all about.

PS: I believe it is impossible to stop thinking completely, even in deepst meditation. Unless you're dead.

So, does your belief make it true? No. I spend much time each day in the thought free state, so I know what I am talking about.

• poppers
    poppers

As someone who recently began to practice zazen (zen meditation),

Good for you!

the only side effect is feeling calmer and more relaxed.

That's right.

Satan hasn't showed up yet.

And he won't.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Can Satan enter your mind if you stop thinking?

Dunno. But if true, dubs will never have to worry about Satan!

Farkel

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Then we are all demon possesed, since when we go to sleep, we do not think....

• talesin
    talesin

What a load! I was told that, too.

One of the first things I learned in therapy was how to 'turn off' and self-hypnotize. It helped stop my mind from racing, and to control flashbacks.

Now, I do mindful meditation (no chanting), and the whole purpose of it is to stop thinking and FEEL.

It's so relaxing, and clears the mind, which allows me to focus, instead of being scattered in my thinking.

tal

Note to JustHuman -- our subconscious is thinking while we are sleeping, and almost constantly processing. :))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit