Can Satan enter your mind if you stop thinking?

by God_Delusion 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

As a kid, my brilliant pioneering mother told me that if I stopped thinking, Satan and his demons could enter my mind. Am I the only one that was told this useless drivel? Is there a Watchtower article that sort of backs this up?

I know that Satan loves Yoga (and if you flex your arms and legs, then he'll find a way in... If there's an article about that, send it my way too as I don't have the Watchtower CD.

Cheers,
    Jaymes

• cheerios
    cheerios

no i heard it too. especially in connection with hypnotism or any other thing that causes you to lose control of your own mind. then the demons will immediately jump in and take over.

utter ridiculousness

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Great! I knew I wasn't the only one. Are there any quotes though? Blondie, I need you to do your magic...

Regards,
    Jaymes

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Don't you mean 'stop chanting.'?

My Dubs have several mantras they use.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Religion/ists, being demon possessed and controlled, need/s to hide this fact by obfuscating the mechanics involved.

We can't trust anything they ever taught in this area.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

They're still reciting this rubbish. Almost word for word what you've written has been said to me by a number of Witnesses, pioneers and R&F alike.

It's baloney. Just laugh at it.

Ridiculous nonsense.

PS: I believe it is impossible to stop thinking completely, even in deepst meditation. Unless you're dead.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Even after reading Ephesians 6:13-17 and keeping the Bible open, a Watchtower religionist is unable to list and explain the six components of the spiritual suit of armour (which protects our mind-spirit and by extension body).

Yet they would give advice?!

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I heard it lots of times about meditation - if you empty your mind then the spirits will get in. I knew plenty of JW's who must have emptied their bowels and let the spirits in as I heard them talking out of their asses.

mmxiv

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

What's funny is that you are told as a JW to "meditate" on the things you learn blah blah blah. Which is in itself a mind controlling tactic on their part, but that is besides the point. True meditation actually is a wonderful experience. I'm talking about meditation the way kaballahists, buddhists and yogi's are taught. Great for calming your mind and having a sense of clarity afterwards.

If Satan and the demons entered my mind and gave me that peace and serenity, I say, bring it! Not that I believe that. Just saying.

• designs
    designs

Telepathy was one of the great fear tactics the Society used especially on the young.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit