Those who WERE or ARE Elders (Re: Molestation Coverup)

by dontplaceliterature 44 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I think what is a stake for them here is that their claim that the appointments are made by holy spirit would crumble, and that would have a knock out effect all the way up to the GB, as they approve all appointments. That would open the door for witnesses to start criticising other elder’s decisions.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This is a very important thread, I hope everyone reads it.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

I was not an elder but I am a victim of abuse. When I finally told on my abuser (about 22 yrs old) I was only told that is entirely up to me if I wanted to inform the police. I didn't get at the time but looking back I find it interesting how there was no scriptures to support it one way or the other. Just a single statement and they washed their hands of it. The abuse was disfellowshipped but it was made perfectly clear to him that he is being disfellowshipped for habitual drinking not molestation. Apparently because the abuse had occured so long ago (12 years or so) the statute of limitations had run out. I know now all they were trying to do is sweep it under the carpet.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

It's so great to have so many telling the same basic story for credibility's sake.

BTTT

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

I served as an elder for about 5 years, from age 27-32. After being appointed for about 3 months, I was put on the Service Committee and remained there at two different congregations until me deletion. During that time I served on one committee that handled a child abuse allegation. I felt so very unqualified for this and was at a loss the entire process, except when it came to providing spiritual assistance to the parents and the accused. I was not trained for nor did I expect to have to handle matters purely related to the law. I was disturbed by the older elders on the committee discouraing the accusers parents from seeking to go to the police. Frankly, the parents didn't want to go the police, they wanted resolution though the congregation, something the congregation is not qualified to provide for a victim. I personally told the parents that they had every right to go to the police and that if it were my child, I wouldn't think twice about ti. This of course led to me receiving counsel from the other two elders.

I am positive that the jury ruling is absolutely correct and a measure of justice. The WTS has clearly exceeded the scope of their authority by seeking to handle such matters "in house". The individual elders no doubt are just following the direction of the FDS and wold prefer not to handle such matters as they have little to no training for it. Even if they did, this would not absolve them or the WTS from responsibilty to report CRIMES or alleged CRIMES to the proper authorities and I submit to you that the WTS is NOT the proper authority for matters of child abuse, rape, or murder, any other crime.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit