Reduction of Announcements

by wisdomfrombelow 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nugget
    nugget

less again they keep picking away at the edges soon there will be nothing left.

• irondork
    irondork

Who's job is it to come up with these overhauls of the worship structure for 7 million people? Was a committee formed? Was an entire wind dedicated to the project? Were prayers uttered, seeking guidance on this matter? How much paper was used?

Oh, God! I hope they recycle!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I used to rely more on the bulletin board for information, usually a week or so before it got announced, than on the verbal announcements. That way, I could stay up to date and still miss most of the boasting sessions. Usually, everything is on the board. And, I checked the board for whether I had a talk, so I could know about it before I even got a slip (or if they screwed up on my slip, or forgot it).

That was one thing that was interesting in the Circus Meeting. A little thing--usually announcing the field circus arrangements and other rubbish that remains the same week after week. However, I would like to hear "At this time, I would like to call Brother Hounder to the platform". And my hope is "A judicial committee would like to inform you that Brother Snotface has been disfellowshipped." Alas, they are trying to shave even this tiny amount of fun right out of the boasting sessions--one more good reason to skip them.

• Miles3
    Miles3
    They eliminated announcements as a part of the Service Meeting (...) due to the decreasing number of Ministerial Servants. - Billy

Billy, I suspect you're spot on. Having done the planning back in the day, it gets a pain when you're not supposed to give more than 1 assignments per meeting to each brother. People in big congregations didn't have this problem, but if you have been serving in a congregation where there where few appointed brothers (or in a congregation where the COBE has pet peeves against most MS and prevent them even from giving announcments "till they improve their teaching abilities"), the task gets impossible.

They're preparing for the day when, even in 100+ publisher congregations, each of the appointed brothers has to do a part in each meeting (so 2 parts a week, 8 part a month), and two parts when someone is on holiday or sick.

I don't know if Elderelite is already starting to feel it in his congregation, but it would be great when elders still in inform us it's become the case. It's only going to get worse and worse, and I know we had this problem years ago (though a smaller congregation with an abusive COBE).

BTW, even when I was in, since I was a kid the only interesting part of the Tuesday meeting was the announcements. No one in any of the congs I've been in ever listen to the School, even the school servant, and the talks in the Service meetings are designe to make you sick, especially the ones based on a random old Watchtower article where the speaker makes no effort to hide he's just reading the article (for the first time to boot...).

Did people here ever listen or like a part of the Tuesday meeting (except for the mandatory raise your hand part for those that wanted to get appointed)?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Phew!! For a second there I thought we wouldn't be able to keep up with assembly & CO Visit dates by just calling in. It's still the first part of the SM, just smooshed together.

om

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

5 minutes will be tagged onto the CBS

Hard to believe they'll have to drag that out another 5 minutes----------[YAWN]

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit