Will the Society Publish and Repent?

by unclebruce 17 Replies latest jw friends

• cedars
    cedars

TOTH - They skirted the U.N. thing and said it was library access they sought.

Correction - unless they say it in their publications, they've effectively said nothing! Having an answer for those who write in with the question is one thing. However, 99.9% of Jehovah's Witnesses get ALL of their information solely from the publications, not some other person's correspondence, which is never intended for general circulation.

If you don't read about it in the magazines - it didn't happen.

I think the Society will do the same thing with this. As unclebruce calls it, "lying by ommission".

Cedars

• I quit!
    I quit!

Of course they will... and then they'll buy everyone ice cream.

Sociopaths don't repent and the Watchtower is a sociopathic organization. They would lie and say they were sorry only if they thought it would get them out of having to pay the settlement then once they felt they were in the clear they would lie again and say they were quoted out of context and what they were actually sorry about was that a form member would make up stories like this bringing reproach on God's faithful slave. Then they would say some nonsense about how Jesus said his followers would be persecuted yada yada yada...

They have over a hundred year history of never taking any responsability for what they have said or done so why would anyone expect them to start doing so now.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ice cream eh.. cool..

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

I wish that the case had included, if she won, the court forcing WTBT$ to print a formal apology in the watchtower.

I know there is no chance of that happening, but I can dream can’t I?

The funny part is I think they would appeal and fight harder to not have to print an apology than avoid the payout.

• compound complex
    compound complex

DLL:

The Society praised the United Nations in Awake! per requirement to be an NGO.

Different, maybe, but it went against everything we were taught and expected to believe.

Wonders never cease ...

CoCo

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Admit a mistake? They don't make mistakes. Didn't you know that?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

The question was not an opinion Mr.Freeze but an invite to express one.

unclebruce who knows e v r y t h i n g already :-0

• sf
    sf

I thought we wiped those sicko noongs

offline ten years ago?

WE DID.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit