The light keeps diminishing

by Slidin Fast 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

Today's wt says it all. Read this, it accurately portrays the last 50 years of fading light from the saddest bunch of con-men in history.

15 To answer, imagine that you are reading a book by the light of a 100-watt bulb, but then the bulb fails. Since you are left in the dark, you immedi- ately notice what happened and replace the burned-out bulb with a new one. Light fills the room again. The next eve- ning, you are reading with the help of the same lamp. However, unbeknownst to you, someone replaced the new 100-watt bulb with a 95-watt bulb. Would you notice the difference? Prob- ably not. And what if the next day some- one put a 90-watt bulb in your lamp? Likely, you would still not notice it. Why not? The lamp’s light is diminish- ing so gradually that you are not aware of it. Similarly, the influences of Satan’s world may cause our zeal to diminish little by little. If that happens, it is as if Satan succeeded in reducing 100-watt heartfelt zeal for Jehovah’s service to something less. If not alert, a Christian may not even notice the gradual change. —Matt. 24:42; 1 Pet. 5:8.

• DilemmaGF
    DilemmaGF

The true God of the Bible is an omnipotent and omniscience God whereas the god aka "Jehovah" of the JW is just so small and powerless... How sad... That's how the WTS reduce Him. False prophets!!

• hoser
    hoser

What a stupid illustration. No one commented on this at the study today and the wt conductor didn't dig for answers.

Why so stupid? There is no such thing as a 95 or 90 watt light bulb. Obviously the writer never had to change one or never purchased one.

watt is a term for electrical usage not light output. Lumens would have been the correct term to use. Maybe some of the writers should go get an electrical engineering degree at university so they can have factual articles

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

SPOT on Slidin Fast!................Looks like the witchytower is cursed by satan himself,,,,hehehe lol ,butt do it see an admitance of fading wtbts light in this witchtower lesson?Why yes, it says it all,,, for all to see,but they can't see because they are now down to a 1 watt bulb,,,,hehehe,lol,,,,,OMG what a bunch of losers!MONSTER QUESTION HERE FOLKS?????????????????????....................How can satan succeed in reducing Jehovah's Spirit Directed Organization?Does not Jehovah have loads more power than the devil?Or is it the fact that Jehovah doesn't even know who the witchytower sickosociety is ????????Hehehe,,,,lol,,,,,Friends ,,,,soon it will be lights out in every king-dumb-Hall around the globe!Jesus said in Matthew 6: 22+23 The lamp of the body is the eye,if then your eye is simple,your whole body will be bright,but if your eye is wicked,your whole body will be dark.If in reality the light that is in you is darkness,how great that darkness is..!Seems here in 2012 that their light is darkness,so how great will the witchytowers darkness be???????? 3 shades darker than black people,,,hehehe lol!I can't wait for the future to unfold people,,,,,just get a beer and a bowl of pop corn,,,,and watch the horror movie play out towards it's end!

• witchtowerwitch
    witchtowerwitch

I love ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,unbeknownst,,,,,,,,,,,,?Someones chancing light bulds in the dark night after night?,,,,,,,,,,,,Who could that be?None other than the witchytower boys = HQs gb. themselves..........Hehehe,,lol,,,why yes my friends,,,for you see that with 130 years of lieing to the sheep,130 years of corruptions,their is nothing left to lie about,because i just saw that 1 watt bult burn out ,,,.Oh well, good luck with that boys!

• Listener
    Listener

No wonder they had to make a special announcement to advise the WT was being reduced from 32 pages to 16 pages, otherwise no-one would have noticed.

• Quendi
    Quendi

I see the question another way. This is a tacit admission on the part of the WTS that a majority of Witnesses are losing interest in and enthusiasm for not just the canvassing work, but the entire spectrum of life as one of Jehovah's Witnesses. It's so easy to blame "Satan" for this when perhaps the finger should be pointed at "that ol' debbil doubt" as the culprit. But that would mean saying that doubts are arising exactly because more people are believing that the WTS is a false prophet. So rather than discuss this rationally, flawed logic is put in the place of reasoned discourse and a real interchange of thoughts. Don't you get the feeling that there is a rising sense of despair, frustration and futility among the Governing Body? The years are slipping away but they're no closer to the end of the world than they were when they began. And now their followers are doing less and less despite exhortations to do more and more.

Quendi

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

I found out my former bulb maker was full of shit with their 100 watt claims, for it never gave off the same amount of light, constantly changing.

So I switched to highly efficient "apostate" light instead.

Apparently now, my eyes are misleading me!

And yet I've never been able to see so clearly, despite former light claiming to be "so bright".

CoC

• WheelocksLatin
    WheelocksLatin

No matter what writing style, i find all of you above very refreshing --- whereas the waters coming out of the Society smell so polluted and taste even worse. By that alone it's not hard to guess who has God's backing.

It took two years for me to cover the Live Forever book under the tutelage of an undereducated but extremely knowledgeable old mentor. We'd cover maybe three pages a week and the conversation would run from one personal experience to another as i took in a lifetime of lessons that he'd learned the hard way. Next, the United in Worship book took a year as the next instructor (a regular pioneer this time) also passed on his many personal experiences. Later, i felt like i was short-changing the public when we were all told to switch to the condensed replacement for the Live Forever book, the Knowledge book, and get the information across in only six months.

Another (and far more faithful, studious, and diligent) regular pioneer (who discreetly devised his own exit strategy from the Organization a decade later) remarked how mush less real meat was being put out in the magazines compared to the hard hitting articles of earlier decades. When guidelines were made for answering the Watchtower studies, our undereducated congregation elders roboticaly applied the new rules and effectively silenced original thought and deep answers from the audience as the switch was made to simplistic repetition of what was printed in the paragraphs.

Indeed, the light got darker little by little so that now the Jaydubs study in near total darkness and still think they're in bright light.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The enlightenment of the Watchtower Corporation is diminishing slowly as time progresses, most notably for it was never based on Truth and honesty,

rather but alluring lies and corruption.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit