Dear Dad

by Euphemism 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• binadub
    binadub

AnnOMaly:
    I had forgotten about that WorldCrossing forum. (That was the best threaded program I've come across--wish I could buy it. It's not available now.)

At that time WorldCrossing offered free forums, and I set up XJW-Christians for Libby and her friends on Channel C who wanted to discuss Christian evangelical religion. They were trying to dominate my forum with it, seemingly to be proselytizing for fundamentalist faith (which I'm not). It came to be bickering on Channel C with other participants losing interest, so I created that forum for Libby and transferred them over. :-) It went pretty well for quite a while. Libby was kind of the moderator and I just poked my head in now and then (kind of like I am on this forum). I was surprised to learn that Libby had returned to the WT.
    Another surprise who returned to the WT (whom you may not know) was 'Wanda' who was prominent in developing the AJWRB original forum.

I think it's the shunning weapon that gets them.

~Binadub

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Wanda went back too? Wow. Didn't know. Yes, the shunning is a very powerful weapon. At what price though? You get a whole section of JWs not really believing and going through a charade for the sake of family and friends which means a good proportion of the religion is made up of hollowed out shells of people rather than anything of spiritual substance (sounds like an oxymoron there but you get my drift?) or real conviction.

Dagney - I got the page off the back-up drive which plugs into the laptop. The desktop is old technology and chugs along but it's the one that has within it the ghosts of computers past ...

• binadub
    binadub

AnnOmaly:
    The original 'Lee Elder' thinks she went back because of her JW daughter and other family. She had tried to re-associate some years ago, but came back saying she just could not stomach the baloney.
    She requested to be removed from the AJWRB mailing list last year because she was now a "JW in good standing." (I'm not on their mailing list either since the forum has been revamped with a new admin.)

It always occurrs to me when the WTS makes statements about wanting to "keep the organization clean" by disfellowshipping people. If they really wanted to keep the organization clean, they would abolish the shunning policy. They probably suspect it would cause a mass exodus. :-)

~Binadub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit