Education is the Key to Everything

by OnTheWayOut 21 Replies latest jw friends

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I worry about educators, and the principles they are teaching to those they have under their care.

They are role-models, and some of them seem to have a lot of hang ups. The subjects studied are also a substitute of the real thing. If you think about it, it’s not the same studying the Bible or a Watchtower, studying history, or a pamphlet, studying the classics, or the work of some unbalanced author, that will shape a young person with all the wrong values.

It doesn’t seem to be a real interest in improving education. Any computer can have much more data than any of us, but it is not, and never will be a human being.

I think there is a deliberate degradation of the education system, and unless this trend changes, we are not progressing as a society. We should ask ourselves who is benefiting from this.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I know that "Education is the Key to Everything" is a nice bumper sticker saying, and that there are still problems even when education comes to people. WHO is teaching, WHAT are they teaching? ETC. Thanks guys, for pointing that out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit