Kendrick in good standing in Oakley Congregation ... wow !

by RubaDub 34 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Can anyone imagine the what the elders in his current congregation must be going through ?!

In their ideal world, they would have DF'd him once they knew there would be a trial so they could play the card "He's not one of JW's." But since it occurred in a different congregation and he was already punished, there is little they can currently do.

Wow, imagine the buzz in the KH when the info started leaking out. I would have loved to have heard the "local needs" part in the service meeting.

Rub a Dub

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen at least 2 jw men (not df'd) found guilty of child sexual abuse, sentenced to prison, serve their time, and be released all that time in "good standing." Remember that the WTS says you are not df'd for what you do, but for not being repentant. These men said "I'm sorry" and the elder body can reprove them privately.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Yes; There is a guy here in Colorado who was tried , sentenced and DF'd for a period of time that is going in the D to D service. Now wouldn't you just want to be the HH with a 9 year old who answers the door with him behind it. Or how about the elder in Montana who raped and got his bio daughter pregnant who although DF'd for a time is now back in and is a servant. Or the DO who assulted a teenage pioneer sister in Colorado and was simply moved to another assignment in another state. And they bad mouth the Catholic Church. I am soooooo glad to be away from that sick sick trap.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Watchtower sock puppet Jim Mcabe says that the WTBTS is going to appeal the verdict

If they DF him they are admitting that they were guilty for shielding him in the first place.

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
    Disillusioned Lost-Lamb

And these sick bastards wonder why we have a problem with the $ociety!?!?!?

• wasblind
    wasblind

The fact that this pervert is still in good standin' say's alot about the Elders and the WTS

It is duly noted

what is shielded from the sheep at the meetings, will be made known to them by the person

behind the next door they knock on, out in field service

Publisher: Good mornin' , we're talkin' to folks who are interested in how we can cope with problems

Householder : Oh really ?!?, have you found a away to deal with your pedophiles ?????

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I do have to shake my head at the comments made by this guy saying that child abuse is a major concern to the Watchtower while sharing a bench and paying the legal fees for the pedophile in question.

I think they are so used to their rank and file gobbling up whatever they say that they can't see anything hypocritical about that situation.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I've worked in the field of child sex abuse investigation and my colleagues included police, DAs, public health doctors and nurses, forensic psychologists, etc. We had psychologists who counseled pedophiles, too, and I learned from them that pedophiles do not change. Counseling pedos focuses on helping them to

• monitor their own thoughts constantly - staying away from dangerous thoughts
    • monitor their activities - to never be where children are EVER
    • understand that what they do actually hurts children terribly - (yes, some of them don't know that)

I used to observe one of our clients walking, walking, walking all over town, never without his headphones - drowning out his own thoughts constantly.

A pedo should not be sitting in a KH where they are near children. Their minds will latch onto the visual and other sensory stimuli and simmer. Not good for them or potential victims. But the arrogance of the WTS does not allow them to become knowledgeable about child sex abuse, so that they can understand why pedophiles can be repentant, but not able to change. And they have very poor internal impulse control. Therefore, the elders must provide the external safeguards by warning parents and children. Simple, really.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

But the arrogance of the WTS does not allow them to become knowledgeable about child sex abuse, . . . . .

Uh...........to become knowledgeable about this (or most things, in fact) requires higher education, ie, psychology in this case. JWs avoid abhor higher education. WTS finds it abhorrent because it opens the eyes of people. The R&F find it abhorrent because . . . uh . . . uh . . . the WTS says they should.

In reference to one of my kids about to receive their degree, a family friends who is a devout JW said: "College doesn't build a person's spirituality." WTF? It was a university, not a seminary!

They just want the kids to drink the koolaid and stay ignorant and mindless.

Doc

• VIII
    VIII

I found out my Mom had been at the Assembly all day Friday and yesterday; she hadn't heard about this. I found the ABC link and e-mailed that with a short note.

She just phoned me to tell me she was surprised.

She knows that the Society is going to appeal.

Her words on Kendrick: "The bible said there will be be wolves among us". I just grunted.

She then asked if I had looked at the pedo registry for my area? I said I hadn't since I don't have children at home and I'm not a child.

She was trying to deflect.

She is very upset by this but believes the Society will get off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit