How does a congregation handle being found guilty in a lawsuit?

by OnTheWayOut 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

As in the current Oakland, California case, since the congregation must vote on expenditures and pay on such rulings, is there any announcement concerning the specific case and rulings? Are the elders removed to make it look like it was their blunder. Any real info along with wild speculations would be welcome.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

OTW,

There is no chance the Elders get removed. This case will be appealed for years and the WBTS would not risk the appearnce of past mistakes by removing them.

They would probably even excuse an elder getting 4 hours a month in field service as stress related to the case.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

How can one continue as an elder after having kept quiet while a sexual predator was roaming freely in his congregation...Of course he will get the WTS support for being a company man...but how can you look at anyone in the eye and not feel shame. It would be like knowing that your best friend brings his children to a daycare centre run by a pedophile...but you don't say anything in fear that the pedophile may sue you for lost business...Then after his kids have been molested, your friend finds out you knew all along but kept quiet...wtf

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'd think they'd see about disbanding/rearranging/renaming.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Can you imagine going door-to-door in Fremont? I think the JWs are going to hide.

If the congregation owns the building/land, then it could be used to satisy part of the award.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Paint large red Xs on the signage and donate the Hall for a rehab centre for victims of cults and abusive relationships.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

How do congregationS handle this news? Who is going to the meeting on Sunday. Wonder if it will be like when the 20/20 pedophile report first broke, and the elders told everyone to not watch it. The women in my family stayed home (feined sickness) to watch. They knew enough JW pedophiles, and it truly sickened them as they knew the WTS was wrong on this one.

• paladin
    paladin

All Elders should apply for extended stress leave.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

We had a situation in my congregation where two teenage sisters, killed their neighbor in a condo project. I was really creaped out as I used to live in the complex before I knew them. This happened in the early 90's and to date, I don't think they ever preached back in that complex again. Service was way down in the entire territory for years

With that, I see the cong doing the same. How many times will the see news, gawkers, whatever outside the KH. Service will go way down. I don't think they will remove or even allow them to step down, due to appearances.

I don't realy understand the corporate structure of the Cong/KH. What is attached in the judgement? The property? Bank accounts? Donations?

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

They can do no wrong since they gots da holy spirit...They'll never admit to any wrondoing because the organization looking good is thier prime concern. They're being 'persecuted'. The loss of the lawsuit is an attack by evil Satan and his apostate minions...They'll probably pin metals on the elders from her congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit