Candace Conti Asked for $1, 440.00 - Genius!

by cofty 28 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL, Dagney. This case has brought back some old memories and lo and behold one of them shows up here after heavens knows how long!

• Dagney
    Dagney

@ Ann: No kidding. I was wondering what the GB and the brothers think since Jah didn't give them the victory. Maybe they will delude themselves into thinking they will be sweetly victorious in appeal...anything before that is just an attack from Satan.

I'll drop you a catchup email this weekend. I got caught up reading the court documents, and got all fired up...should be asleep. After reading the words of the defense, it makes me sick. I think it made the judge and jury sick as well. I think the judge was disgusted with this seemingly harmless religion trying to wiggle out of their policy and claim the plaintiff didn't have evidence.

Going now. xx

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yeah, I was also up late last night reading docs, and only got up to the repsonse to the complaint. I've got way more to go.

Dagney, I actually saw the case on Facebook first, but I did also see it on Google News, and that's what made me finally come here to try to get more details. I am glad to see it getting so much coverage.

Ann, great to see you, I sent you a PM. :)

• headisspinning
    headisspinning

Please note this clarification:

New update from Candace about the document on her requesting a penny per 144,000. She said the actual documents were legal documents that were put together to create the other document making these claims. BUT the actual document that says there was a request for $1,440 had nothing to do with her damages requested. The actual legal document that mentions the $1,440 is a document that shows where her attorney sanctioned the court for that amount to cover court cost when he had to file a motion to have Elder Gary Abrahamson produce documents showing how the WT structures the orgcongs and policies on child abuse. So the amount in these documents were simply Rick asking the courts for the cost of making Abrahamson produce these documents because he wasn't playing nice. It had nothing to do what so ever with Candaces damages.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Thanks for the clarification, headisspinning. One further clarification needed, however. Was the $1440, therefore, not a kind of fine if the defendants refused to answer after the court granted the motion to compel? Are you saying instead that it was a cost awarded the plaintiff's side for having to go to all the trouble of filing the motion?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

A sanction is a fine, a penalty for fail to follow proper legal procedure, especially when foot-dragging to draw out a case. However the amount of the sanction is typically based on the time and expense caused by the offense.

• willyloman
    willyloman

OK, but it's stil a fascinating number to find in this particular document. Ironically, it amounts to 1 cent for each of the alleged 144,000, which is about what this particular JW theory is worth.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

like a boss

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

Yep, definite props to Mr Simons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit