So how will / should the Watchtower respond publicly when the news of their lawsuit loss hits the news?

by sir82 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I find the graphics in the September watchtower very disturbing. I also heard from some people that is still in, that they are preparing them for persecution. Maybe now that I see them from the outside, the picture is clearer, but I find them more and more extreme and even frightening.

They are preaching the fall of Christendom for many years now, what type of privileged information do they have in regards to that? The Bible? They fit the description of Babylon the Great far better than the Catholic Church. Why do they have this fixation?

They hide behind the people of the r&f, and that’s why they need to have them so controlled.

The r&f are not even going to hear about this case, even if they hear it wont have much of an effect, this are the last days, even in the pure congregation there are ravenous wolves, etc.

Even if some people inside the organization are hypocrites, some of them are not, and my heart goes to this ones, because they don’t know what they are supporting.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I hope that all of us do our share to get this info 'out there' as much as we possibly can via the Internet or the Media. With today's technology surely we can have an impact so that it can't so easily be brushed under the WTBS's dirty carpet. That's what they'll attempt of course.

Loz x

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

They should react by making further changes to their policies. This would include reporting all know accusations to relevant government authorities to handle, and advising convicted pedophiles that they are not to engage in the preaching work.

How they will react, based on similar situations in the past is to ignore it and hope most members do not find out. If pushed for an answer, the will respond with the following justifications:
    • "The media and apostates are misrepresenting the case."
    • "The jury was wrong in its finding, and used by Satan to persecute Jehovah's organisation."
    • "Don't judge the organisation on the actions of imperfect elders."
    • "This is just one case, the Catholics have millions of similar situations."
  • ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

They will say:

Jehovah's Witnesses have always spoken out against pedophelia and we endeavor to keep the congregations clean. Our direction has always been in line with God's word the Bible, and we all look forward to the time when the whole earth will be a paradise and there will be no more of Satan's influence.

Yada, Yada, Yada

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Many a dub will be prepared to gloss over the injustice.

When they plead, "things have changed to protect children now," my suggested response: "Whenever someone hears the accusation that, for example, a teacher molested a child, what should be done? Call the police ASAP! If it was recent, forensics can quickly settle the case, but evidence must be collected quickly. However, in the newest edition of the elder manual, they are instructed to call Legal Department at the branch FIRST. The WT Service Department is in no position to conduct a criminal investigation, test forensic evidence, question everyone involved. Watchtower still has it wrong and are more likely to warn the offender before the police have a chance to investigate... if the police even get called. Things haven't changed to protect the children. They've only slapped another layer of whitewash on their crumbling walls."

When they plead, "brothers sometimes make mistakes," my suggestion: "Perhaps the brothers shouldn't be making their decisions in secret, closed-door meetings. In fact, the older men in ancient Israel were expected to carry out legal cases in the public gate before all onlookers, not in some secret meeting. Evidence was presented and decisions made before EVERYONE. There is no precedent for the "confidential meeting" model that is used by elders today or even the GB. In Acts, a full account is recorded of the discussions in the Jerusalem meeting. The fact that elders and the GB have all their meetings in secret makes it very easy for them to make mistakes... big, stupid mistakes that they'll later try to sweep under the rug with more secrecy and more stupid mistakes. These mistakes just don't go away. The cause of the mistakes is that in their private meetings, they really don't feel obligated to carefully examine and wisely decide, because it's all hushed up anyway. That secrecy has got to be ended or the 'mistakes' will only get bigger and more frequent."

When they plead, "the Catholics had it much worse," I suggest: "How much worse would you say? How many innocent children should be 'fair game' to get victimized in the Kingdom Hall in order for the Watchtower child molestation problem to be less worse than the Catholic Church. The fact that something like this happened at all and with the branch knowing about the problem, should cause a person to stop and examine carefully whether an organization like this is really following Christ or is more concerned about its own public image. And do the JWs suddenly want to class themselves with Catholics in their failed child protection policies by saying, 'we're not quite as bad as them'?"

When they plead, "the media and the courts are satanic misleaders away from truth," perhaps: "Yeah, I heard that same line from some Catholics as their cases came to light years ago. Would you agree that the courts were also unjust instruments of Satan by persecuting the Catholic Church, and that the accusations then were false testimony by disgruntled ex-Catholics? Do you think it was wrong for the courts to examine accusations against the Catholic Church of failing to protect innocent children from molestors?"

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

This case is significant because they put the blame squarely on the org for their actions(or inaction). They didn't just say you knew about this guy, they said you knew and you had a very specific policy to shield HIM and not protect her-which is ILLEGAL. This isn't about the original abuse by the Kendrick criminal, but is very specific to the crime the WT perpetrated against Ms. Conti.

• Ding
    Ding

I wonder what percentage of JWs who defend the WTS on this are aghast at Penn State covering up for Sandusky.

The irony is that it's not the world or Christendom doing this to JW children.

It's other JWs and the organizational hierarchy they trust so blindly.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I think that the society will be terrified of others coming out of the woodwork. Better still a class action costing serious $$$ and complete destruction of any reputation or goodwill remaining. If this gathers momentum it could take the whole edifice with it. How appropriate that what brings them down is a sleazy shameful cover-up. Ultimate degradation within Jehofah's "clean" organisation.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes JWDaughter,

The WTS Broke a mandatory law that states child abuse must be reported by Doctors, school employees, and clergy

" Governments maintain a measure of order. They rightly require citizens to be honest, to pay taxes, and to uphold the law."_______July 1, 2010 WT public edition page 23

1) The Elders were not Honest in this matter

2) This publishing Co. is exempt from payin' taxes under the guise of a religion

3) The WTS did not uphold the law in this matter

THAT'S THREE STRIKES RIGHT THERE

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

ldrnomo, you are probably correct & it infuriates me. The JWs will just accept it as that, rather than continue to question and realize that it wasn't just one person under Satan's influence. A child/young adult brought "satans influence" to the attention of the ELDERS and THEY condemned the poor kid. UGH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit