The "30 Other Lands" revealed - in a YouTube video!!

by cedars 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Disillusioned Lost-Lamb
  • Joker10
    Joker10

What i posted before...

There no reports that came in from Afghanistan, North Korea or Somalia during the last service year.

There are very few publishers in Muslim-majority countries. The 2,600 publishers in North Africa are mostly concentrated in Egypt, Djibouti and Eritrea. Publishers who work abroad and college students make up a considerable percentage of all publishers in the 'other' African countries. Growth is slow in this part of the continent because of restriction on religion. Last year growth was only 1%, although it has been higher in the past. Elders are very careful here not to just baptize anyone, waiting for at least one year, sometimes two or even more.

In Egypt, JWs are now able to gather in larger groups. Things seemed to be going very good. JWs sometimes do street work with little interference. But with the new political climate, it is now uncertain if there will be any additional progress.

There is a sizable group of JWs in Jordan and Syria, and smaller groups in Iran and Iraq. Most of the other Arab nations have a far less number of publishers. The 23,600 publishers in the other countries in Asia are mostly found in the former Soviet republics of Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Tajikistan, and in the southeastern countries. There are a couple of thousand publishers in Vietnam and Laos with over 60 congregations and growing in double digits (%) each year. JWs conduct many Bible studies there. Things are only getting better as the countries are getting more tolerant.

It is really tough for JWs to break into China, but they are doing it thanks to publishers who are returning to the country. The number of Chinese Witnesses is growing fast, numbering 4,000 in the U.S alone. Excluding Hong Kong and South Korea, there would still be over 500 congregations and groups in the rest of the world. Chinese Witnesses are putting effort to preach to their relatives that are back home. Thanks to the success that has been taking place, there are now publishers spread out in many parts of China. In the northeastern part, there are some buildings that serve as Kingdom Halls.

JWs grew in Asia by 14% last year and have an average of 1.7 Bible studies per publisher.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

Interesting post Joker10. Where did you get your information from?

Chris-

• GeneM
    GeneM

Loved the vid. Took the survey. If you want an unaltered voice for your vids, I done a little informal voice work before. Course its not english, which always gives it a little something.

• cedars
    cedars

Joker10 - when you last posted that information, you were almost immediately asked where you'd got it from.

I notice you're still offering the information, and still refusing to say where it's from!

Cedars

• man oh man
    man oh man

Powerful video!!! Numbers don't lie like some organizations!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

excellent again Ceders, very professional presentation.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Thank you,,I so enjoyed that info. I think you put it on the site, just before everything came through about that WTS lawsuit loss and this may have got overlooked through that.

Had to thank you for that,,The WTS boasts about covering the world but they sure don't.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks Gayle, I'm glad you liked this video! I guess it's only natural that other more "controversial" issues and hot topics such as the Conti case and the Sparlock song will receive more views, but hopefully the "30 Other Lands" video will always be floating around on YouTube to remind JWs just how small their religion is - and how absent it is from the Arab/Asian world.

Cedars

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Thanks again Cedars for your hard work. I have known a number of American JWs who have gone to these other countries to make a little extra $$ offshore. They rarely leave special areas- especially in Islamic Countries. Any preaching is to other ex-pats. Hardly an organized effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit