The "30 Other Lands" revealed - in a YouTube video!!

by cedars 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

I've just uploaded the following 12-minute video presentation to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAmnZ4nxspA

The video is based on the following article on my blog at jwsurvey.org...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/under-the-microscope-the-watch-tower-societys-claims-to-divine-direction-part-3

As you can hopefully see, I've tried to make both the blog article and the video as "JW-friendly" as possible. The video takes the position that the good news is an important life-saving work (a view that most JWs will sympathize with) but then asks, if this is the case, why are millions of people in mostly Arab and Communist countries hardly being reached with this message at all?

The video ends with the following two thought provoking questions:

• Would Jehovah kill millions of Arabs and Asians who have never been preached to?
    • If Jehovah spares these millions of people, then what is the point of the preaching work?

I would very much appreciate your views on this video. Also, if you could help in getting the word out among friends and relatives via facebook/email etc, that would be absolutely fantastic!

(As always, if you haven't already participated in the 2012 JW Survey, please do so!)

Cedars

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Thanks Cedars.

Bangalore

• cedars
    cedars

Gutted! It's been up for two hours and it already has 1 dislike, and no comment to explain why!

Cedars

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Great work! That is a very informative and professional piece of work. Thank you.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks wannabefree - I hope it helps to get the word out.

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Nicely done and well presented.

You have a PM.

00DAD

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Right off the bat you're using a religious song which is not very JW Friendly. And the voice is kind of annoying.

The content is good though.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks NomadSoul and 00DAD. I hate hiding my natural voice with voice-changing software, but it's very distinctive and easily recognizable otherwise. However, I will definitely take the suggestion on board (in your PM, 00DAD), and maybe think about recruiting another "artist" for the next video! I don't think I could face the amount of work that would be involved in switching the voice for this particular video. It took me over 3 days to produce, and a lot of that time and effort is spent getting the timing of the words and images to coincide precisely.

As to the "Whole world in his hands" song, I just felt like it kind of worked, even though it's not very "JW friendly" as you point out. It's happy and cheery, and sets the video off on a positive footing. Hopefully it won't put JWs off by the time they settle into the discussion. I guess you need to be fairly thick-skinned to start watching the video in the first place!

Cedars

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars,

I understand the timing issue perfectly. I'm a composer and have written and produced quite a bit of music for film, tv and video.

The logistics or redubbing are significantly easier than the initial dub. Someone could/would use the existing track as a timing guide and simply re-record the VO (Voiceover).

Then the new VO Track could be laid in to replace the original.

Think about it.

00DAD

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks 00DAD, you have a PM!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit