Australians! Please help!

by Las Malvinas son Argentinas 30 Replies latest jw friends

• jemba
    jemba

Yeah that website Fernando highlighted is good.

Hey Fernando we should meet up at a servo in Brissy for smoko n have an avo sanga out the backa my ute mate. Yeah thatd be bonza! Anyone originally from Adelayd will have a chunk of bung fritz and a schooner with me.

Watch the movie...'a few best men' very Aussie and very funny.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's Seednee, not Sidney.

A movie is a filim

and a burgular broke inta me crib

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

To eat a steak...

Fork in left hand, knife in right.

Cut a portion.

Put the knife down and swap the fork to the right hand to transfer the portion to the mouth.

Transfer fork to left hand, pick up knife with right hand.

Repeat...

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I'd love to be an American with a British accent speaking Australian words

• shamus100
    shamus100

Useless hint # 13: Show up drunk. Pronounciation of Auzzie is done better this way and socially acceptable to boot. You can chozwag the scolywag on that cowboy, I tell you what! ;P

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Broken Promises:

Thank you for the authentic pronunciations! The only two I was off on were Brisbane and Adelaide (Brisbane rhymed with 'pain', and Adelaide came out as 'ADEL-ade'). But you corrected me in time, and the presentation went well! I'd try and say something witty about "Down Under", but we in Argentina are even more so down under. Buenos Aires is at about the same latitude as Mel-ben, and our Tierra Del Fuego province almost extends to Antarctica. So from one side of the Southern Hemisphere to the next, muchas gracias!

Diest:

In English, the Falkland Islands are pronounced "The Malvinas". Emphasis on the 'i'. But that was in an Argentine accent. Unfortunately, in a British accent they are "The Maaalvinas" ('Mal' rhymes with 'pal'). Admittedly, I would not be a good source for that since I've never called them "The Falklands". But if you really must know, they are "Falklands" with a short first 'a', somewhere between 'folk' and 'falk'. The 'a' in 'land' sounds like 'lund'. If you drag out the 'a' in 'falk', then you have the North American pronunciation.

Emilie

• Diest
    Diest

Thanks for being a good sport...

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yeah,

Bob's your uncle and all that globsmack mate! Chazwig down the scullywag and such! :D

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

You're welcome! By the sounds of things, you did a great job!

And yes, you are even further "down under" than we are. The furthest south I've been so far is 42 degrees South when I was in Tasmania (Tas-MANE-ia). But I hope to one day see Antartica!!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

If in the "outback" you need to spit flies out your mouth after every word!!!

New Zeland folks say "FUSH AND CHUPS" {instead of fish and chips} which drives Ozzies insane with anger!!!! IT'S BLOODY FISH AND CHIPS OKAY!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit