Shunning ... when it's Convenient

by xelder 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Wow!

I wonder if this Elder would give blood to his kids if no one knew?

I actually appluad him as a father to get his kids help even if it meant breaking his faith.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Absolutely shameful behaviour. Not even a 'thank you' card..?

Perhaps your friend should call 'elder' with an equally potentially life threatening scenario to see the response?

• jemba
    jemba

Very appropriate picture lame.

So true of the witlesses, think they are more important than anyone else as Gods chosen ones. Funny how thousands of other religions feel the same way.

I admire your friend, if I was him I would report the ungrateful pricks to the elders.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

Right guys; and the Wt has been teaching since the early ninety's to write agreements.

So the jw's have learned nothing all this time, nor respect those who lend to them!

No wonder the GB keeps preaching this; it's their own people that are crooks.

They have the nerve to talk badly about our relatives for doing this!

The next time a jw asks for money maybe we should tell them what their GB says.

Give all you have to the WT's "kingdom", and pray to the Father for all things back!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Something reminiscent of -- but much worse than -- JWs accepting Holiday bonuses and Christmas gifts ... outgrowth of the same mentality.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

blindnomore:

Your story raises another and related issue about JWs. While the general gist of this thread is about JWs expecting assistance from DFd/inactive/DAd people, the other issue is about JWs looking at their so-called brothers as a "bank" or a source of free money. Lend or give money to a JW and 9 times out of 10 you will never see it again. These people feel no sense of accountability and their screwed up teachings help them to feel this way. A person can be DFd for just about anything and later be reinstated. Doesn't matter what they did. Even if a JW dies they expect their Adamic "sin" will be wiped away. Know what this means? Any business dealing where they welch or don't come through or any time they don't keep their word, etc., etc. they expect YOU to forget about it and suck up the loss.

I had no patience for this and I stayed the hell away from impoverished or deadbeats or smooth talkers. What do you think is in the congregations now? A motley mix of all types including many unemployed, people getting benefits and living on the edge, people with serious issues of all sorts and a very few responsible working types. Well, guess what? The few responsible working types are going to be targeted left and right by everybody. This is the Number One reason why I am not there. Never mind the failed prophecies.

Probably the reason the JW you gave money to didn't want to greet you wasn't necessarily because you are in bad standing but because this person does not want to pay you back for the money you gave them!! I have heard stories like this over the years and was always resolved in my heart NEVER to give any money to JWs.

So, in addition to being shunned, you have the privilege of being targeted for money.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

LongHairGal,

I have been pre occupying with $28+million case. I haven't forgot about your feed back on my comment.

For privacy reason, I didn't reveal what was my statuts in the borg at the time when I wrote check of $1500 to a JW family. Now that this entire child sexual abuse case bring more light to our attention, I can better explain my situation.

I was one of immodest by running ahead and bring reproach on Jehovah and his orgranization at the time. I stood up against local child abuser elders. I wasn't Df'ed but was being witch hunted by the BOE of 3 congregations and was treated worse than DF'ed. I was shunned fully and this family was one of a few who kept their association with me. I thought they were my friend. I was glad to help them out. Little did I realize then that was my last personal contact with them. Of course I never got even $1 back from them. Looking back the JW took advantage of my situation and drew out from me while I was still in officially.

I had been taken advantage by numerous JWs over the years mostly financially. I was a sucker.

• JWOP
    JWOP

I'm all for taking the high road, so I applaud your buddy for helping when asked. I've done similar things myself: A few years ago I came into some money due to a car accident. I had been DF'd for nearly four years at the time. My brother, still a JW, emailed me out of the blue, pretty much groveling actually, asking if I could loan him some money for a car so he could get to work. I took the high road and GAVE him the money free and clear. He bought a decent used car and even showed it to me. As it happened, a couple of years later my own car broke down and I couldn't get to work, YIKES! My brother, remembering my kindness, actually drove me to work and back for the couple of weeks it took me to get another car.

I also gave another one of my brothers $1,000 to keep him out of jail for child support arrears (he had lost his job, his ex-wife was a troll about it).

AND.... I also filled my parent's stand-up freezer.

And then last year my elderly parents' furnace died in the middle of winter. Their landlord needed to wait for a part to come in to fix it. What did the Jehovah's Witnesses do? Gave them a coupla small space heaters. What did I do? Gave them both of our oil heaters that are designed to heat a room each.

In spite of my label as a dirty apostate, my family really can't say to much bad about me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit