NEW LIGHT in latest Watchtower!!!

by The Searcher 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I pretty much agree and remember it like Chariklo wrote. The WTS is such a lier and interpret the scriptures to their advantage when the real meaning is so simply stated such as "I have other sheep (non-jews) which are not of this fold (jews)... they will become one fold under one shepherd." Paraphaseing from memory.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ panhandlegirl

It's so simple to see now, isn't it? The Truth can't be hidden for long, especially not in our day.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Blondie quoting WT:

"Jesus' "other sheep" will not become sons of God until the end of the thousand years."

This idea fails on several fronts.

John 3:36: "He that exercises faith in the Son has (not will eventually get) everlasting life"

John 6:27: "Work, ... for the food that remains for life everlasting, which the Son of man will give YOU"

John 6:47: "Most truly I say to YOU, He that believes has everlasting life"

John 6:54: "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day"

John 10:28: "And I (Jesus) give them everlasting life"

John 17:1, 2: "Jesus ... said: "Father, ... glorify your son, ... you have given him authority ... that, ... he may give them everlasting life"

In all these, everlasting life is equated with believing in Jesus, not with passing a final test. Also, Jesus is given authority to give everlasting life. But since he hands the Kingdom back to his Father at the end of the 1000 years, this could not be true if everlasting life was only granted after the ensuing test.

If humans only become God's children after the 1000 years, why would Jesus say this:

Luke 20:34-36: "Jesus said to them ... but those who have been counted worthy of gaining that system of things and the resurrection from the dead neither marry nor are given in marriage. 36 In fact, neither can they die anymore, for they are like the angels, and they are God's children by being children of the resurrection"

AnnOMaly said:

"Saying that we are God's children, can appropriately call Him 'Father,' without being adopted is like saying the meek can 'inherit' the earth without being 'heirs.' "

Right On!

Galatians 4:7 says: "So, then, you are no longer a slave but a son; and if a son, also an heir through God."

As Paul shows, being an "heir," that is, one who inherits, depends on being a son (or child).

There is no contradiction in the WT position. The wording they use is little more than a public relations ploy. The (false) idea that only the 144,000 are sons of God is part of the very foundation of the WT power structure. And they know it. And they will cast off you and me and anyone else to maintain their position - just like the Pharisees did. (John 11:48-50)

Take Care

• mind blown
    mind blown

........I guess that answers my christ mediator question, but I still want to hear it directy like in a letter from the WTS........

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Here's THE REAL TRUTH: WT "Theology" is full of inconsistencies and contradictions. Why? Because it isn't true and they are making up as they go along. Also, the "they" that are making it up aren't really all that smart, are not highly-educated and evidently are not directed by Holy Spirit.

Inconsistencies and contradictions like this have been in the WT publications since at least Day Two. They were always there. But when one is under the spell of the belief that JWs "have the truth" (as if "truth" is something than can be possessed by one individual or group to the exclusion of all others) we tend to dismiss those obvious problems and dismiss them as a lack of knowledge or faith on our part instead of realizing that it doesn't make sense. It never made sense and it never will.

Time for lunch!

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

(Romans 8:14-17) . . .For all who are led by God's spirit, these are God's sons. 15 For YOU did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but YOU received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: "Abba, Father!" 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God's children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs: heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ, provided we suffer together that we may also be glorified together.

(1 John 5:1) . . .Everyone believing that Jesus is the Christ has been born from God. . .

Slam dunk.

• mind blown
    mind blown

AnnOMaly Thanx for the scripture.......slam dunk indeed

I'm in hopes more will quote scriptures so I can use as reference......

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    "...The way Jehovah arranges his children in two groups actually contributes to the harmony of his family

True Orwellian doublespeak from the modern masters: "We are more harmonious by being split into a high and low class."

• Listener
    Listener

Mind Blown, there has been a lot of discussions about this in previous threads, if you click on the Search button and enter your search words you will find some. Here is one

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/213247/1/Jesus-is-NOT-the-Mediator-for-the-Great-Crowd

• mP
    mP

@AnnOMaly

Are you sure Xians are meek, history shows xians are the biggest killers and most evil in hostory. its hardly a history of kind or good works, take a look at the xians in the bible, they hate the non news and the apostles refuse to preach to gentiles. Talk about warped...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit