NEW LIGHT in latest Watchtower!!!

by The Searcher 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Saying that we are God's children, can appropriately call Him 'Father,' without being adopted is like saying the meek can 'inherit' the earth without being 'heirs.'

• erbie
    erbie

Children of God but not sons of God. I think you'll find that they differentiate between the two and see no contradiction in their statement that we are all 'children of God' but not 'sons of God' who as heirs would, naturally, inherit the kingdom.

Don't worry, they have it all sewn up watertight and anything they write is extremely well calculated.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

You do know that this is all utter rubbish?

For those who don't any longer believe in a God or Jesus, they know it is rubbish anyway.

For everyone else calling themselves Christians, honestly, the New Testament makes it very clear that Jesus died to save everyone. Everyone is a child of God.

This whole business of the anointed and the 144,000 is baloney. The other sheep are those who are not Jews. And the bits of the NT that JW's say are not addressed to ordinary people...that's a lie. It's for everyone.

I don't want to offend anyone and I haven't got more than a minute here right now, but maybe someone else can fill in the references.

All of that said, the "New Light" in this month's public WT mentioned above is very interesting, and and the difference in meaning in the easy-read version is also interesting. However, I think that someone made a mistake when that WT was finalised and published, and that there will be some knuckle-rapping perhaps already under way.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sorry to dig up old chestnuts, but I came across this paragraph which blatantly contradicts the false and odious teaching that our own death wipes out our sins. (Romans 6:7) (welcome back Adolf, Stalin, Ida Amin etc.)

w7410/1p.607QuestionsFromReaders A consideration of the context shows that the apostle Paul was discussing spirit-anointed Christians alive at that time. While still alive, they had been baptized into Christ Jesus and received the valid prospect of heavenly life. In order to be anointed with holy spirit and accepted as spiritual sons of God, they had to die to their former course in life as imperfect humans, have their sins forgiven by God and have human perfection imputed to them.

Wow!!!! They're already perfect are they?????

If any brothers or sisters are reading this website for the first time, don't think for a minute that it is a nest of apostates and disfellowshipped ones. There are many like me who are 'sighing & groaning' and are trying to share Bible truths which contradict men's teachings.

Just read your Bible and compare what you're expected to believe, and be prepared for some shocks. I no longer read the questions posed in the literature - I just read the articles and scrutinize what's been written, not what I'm being directed to think or answer. You'll be amazed at what, and how much you'll learn by doing that.

The cleansing and the end will come when it is time. (1 Pet. 4:17 & Rev. 2 & 3) Just ignore the word "soon" which has been flogged to death for so long.

The timing of the Great Tribulation and Armageddon is none of our business!!! (Acts 1:7) Keep awake for the sake of your spirituality - not for a Divinely appointed event.

• erbie
    erbie

Also I agrre with Room 215: WE do flatter them when we study what they write.

As the saying goes; I won't dignify that stupid question with a sensible answer.

Even to question their writings is to lend it credence.

But still we do it because we are all human ;)

• criticalwitness
    criticalwitness

its amazing that so many wtnss dont look into this but just take their word for it just as in a literal inheritance you wouldnt just take some ones word in regards what you are legaly entitled to you would investigate! especialy if those over you have something to gain by pushing you out of the way i have seen literal famlies try to cut other family members out of a will just so they can get more

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ erbie

Thank you for saying "not 'sons of God' who as heirs would, naturally, inherit the kingdom".

The term "heir" refers to " apersonwho inherits".

Has anybody here read what Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount - "The meek will inherit the earth". (Matthew 5:5)

Doesn't that make allChristians heirs? Just asking!!!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Yes, that's my point, Searcher!

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I never paid much attention at the meetings when they started talking about the 144000, Babylon the Great, the scarlet Beast, etc. so I probably missed important points like that of Jesus being the mediator for only the 144000. I don’t even remember that.

They are trapped by their own lies, when they should be focusing on the weightier matters of the Law, like justice, mercy and faithfulness, rather than on dragons, wild beasts, and drunken harlots.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Has anybody here read what Jesus said on the Sermon on the Mount - "The meek will inherit the earth". (Matthew 5:5)

Doesn't that make all Christians heirs? Just asking!!!

That was my point!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit