Need some direction as to what to do?????

by harleybear 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If your fading is working and your dad can live with it, carry on as you are and maybe lessen up even more. If he is old and feeble he's not likely keeping tabs on you in any case. Just love and care for him like a son should under any circumstances with a loving parent(I am assuming that). Unless you are forced to take him to meetings or something, I doubt it is hurting you too much to give the org some lip service.

Take care of yourself, your dad and the people you love. Don't kill your spirit to do it though for others. You need to remain whole.

• harleybear
    harleybear

Thank you all for your loving advise. Fortunately my Father is pretty much out of it so does not even get it that I am not involved. Fortunately I do not have kids and my husband is not a JW so really my not being "in" has not affected on our marriage. I think the advise of holding off until my father passes is good advise. I also appreciate the advise to not play by "their" rules. It's sort of like the " I won't quit, you have to fire me" Interestingly is that my life style other than not attending meetings and going in "servce" is pretty straight laced. Short of maybe riding a Harley and having a few decreatly placed tatoo's. ( oh you wicked girl you) But I also know that if they have half a mind they will dig up whatever. I think I will keep flying under the radar for now. Thanks again Harley Bear

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    It's sort of like the " I won't quit, you have to fire me"

They way I see it is.... Their authority is just a figment of hand-me-down delusions. There is nothing real to leave.

When a Dub DAs, they just feed the delusion of authority.

Just treat Dubs as typical members of any nutjob fundy church. Never let them think that you see them as better than any other church, cult, Christian, Muslem, Nutcase, whatever.

The winning tactic for the WT hierarchy is to have you identified as DF, DA, or APOSTATE, so that your family won't talk to you. This is an advantage for the Governing Body exclusively

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit