Have you felt to have Holy Spirit?

by wolfman85 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I felt HOLY SPIRIT as a kid when my father took his belt off and whipped the HOLY CRAP out of me. That's the true spirit that will move you to action.

Kojack

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Kojack, sorry that you had to go through that in your childhood. Peace to you.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The whole butt-holy spirit is crap. Usually, it is a scam designed to get people to do more. Do the next level, and you will experience it. Then, upon doing that, you have to do even more. You end up wasting your life serving a bunch of filthy angels, and getting nothing for it. Your soul is stuck in stagnation, and you are damned to another round of suffering possibly worse than this life.

Some, however, have claimed to have felt it. This happens when the filthy angels decide to delude others, using your situation as an example. People are sometimes deluded by mere coincidence into thinking they are experiencing things. And, on random occasion (extremely rarely), the angels will do things to pretend they are really doing good. In the end, however, you will be worse off with the butt-holy spirit than without it.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Hi Wolfman, Reading some of my other posts you will see I have answered. and been ridiculed for, your question.

The first time in my life I experienced Holy Spirit, I was 28, I had been contacted by the Witnesses on first call a couple of weeks previously, had started attending meetings, and having finished the books they gave me, proceeded to read the Bible cover to cover, so I wasnt at the KH, I was at home, on my own, and I had got to Numbers, so nothing exciting, I figure God figuered if I was going to read how so and so begat so and so, who begat so and so, then I must be genuinly "groping for him", all of a sudden, its as if I was injected with heroin or Morphine is the nearest I can think to descripe the powerfull feeling that came through me.

Now, I never really felt it too strongly at the meetings and never when reading the Watchtower, but when I did the field service, I would feel it, sometimes to the extent it would be too much and I would ask for it to be taken away so I could get to sleep.

About half an hour after Baptism, I suddenly felt it pour on the outside of my skin, whereas at all other times it was internal, but due to the teachings of the JWs I never at the time considered it annointing, but looking back, in a literal sence, surely that is what it was?

I have great difficulty in excepting God even likes me, probaly due to my own parents rejection of me, so often it is the action of the Holy Spirit that doesnt make me "directed/guided, etc, it makes me think, yes, God does have a relationship with me.

It was ofet when I felt I have irreversably lost my standing with God, through giving in to masturbatiojn for instance, that I would recieve an even bigger feeling of HS, as if God was reasurring me that he hadnt abandoned me due to my own "sin".

Having left the JWs, and until I tried re-establishing a relationship, I felt nothing, now it seems to depend on how much Iam doing for God, when I pray I feel a little, deep inside so that I know he still listens to me, when I talk to people about God and show them the Bible I experience it more.

Now please folk dont start having a go at me just because I relate the following, all Iam doing is relating it.

I was around my nighbours house and showing her what was in the Bible, I was feeling Gods Spirit as I was doing so, then she suddenly tells me how she can see peoples Auras, and that mine is white.

When I got home I looked up Auras, and it explained what the colours meant, only a couple of sites even mentioned white, and they stated it was only found on very Spiritual people and would have been the colour of Jesus's.

I wonder if this is related to the scripture where it says, "a white robe was given them".

• snowbird
    snowbird

I am enjoying this discussion.

Nambo, it is thought by some that Adam and Eve were surrounded by light, or aura, if you will.

When they set out on their own course, that aura was removed - that's why they felt "naked."

I can't see auras, but I can definitely feel them.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Snowbird,

Thats interesting about feeling Auras, can you describe what you feel and what it tells you about the person?

Whilst adults have little interest in me, Children and especially animals really seem to like and trust me, a Sister I courted was particularily impressed when she saw wild birds land on my hand to share a sandwich with me, and people with dogs and cats that are generally wary of men, suprise thier owners when they are so friendly to me.

I wonder if animals are able to see Spiritual things that are lost to us?

• Fernando
    Fernando

Hey Nambo!

Even science has been quietly busy exploring the human spirit and spirituality for several decades now.

I believe we are near to an acceleration of amazing scientific breakthroughs in this area.

If you want you can PM me and I'll send you a list of links when I have finished them.

• tec
    tec

Nambo, thanks for sharing that. I don't know anything about aura's but I enjoyed hearing your testimony.

Peace,

tammy

• stillstuckcruz
    stillstuckcruz

I certainly never truly believed in those "holy spirit" guidance jargon. Just this past monday at the meeting, I spoke to an elder who was(nicely) trying to convince me that this was the "truth". He explained one of his own experieces of "having God". When he was 21, he was in the hospital for five days and for that time he had a $14,000 hospital bill. Being 21, he had no way of paying that. But then His unlce "suddenly" remembered that he had some sort of insurance(or some other noise) that covered this now Elder, and he only ended up paying around $100. To him and to others, he certainly believed that that was God's hand in his life. Why? I have no doubt that it was because he mentioned how often he had prayed for some sort of help.

The question I wanted to pose to him(but didn't) was that if he had not prayed....does he believe that the result was not possible?

Arguably the Governing Body are among the most notorious for claiming authority or guidance by the holy spirit, but other religions do it too.

^Great point Cedar. The reson I believe that they believe that about themselves is centrally because of pray. They pray before MANY things im sure. Therefore they likely feel that because they prayed before a desision.....then whatever decision is reached MUST have been from God! Otherwise, WTH is the point of "holy spirit"? The whole concept I believe is sheer psychological. Meer coincidences turn into something monumental. Of couse I have no way to prove that it WASN'T God. But it works both ways...

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

Hi Nambo. Thank you for sharing with us your experience. I believe what you felt, but I don't have felt anything in my whole live. I read the Bible every day, pray, speak with other(very close friends, I don't go out D2D) what I have learned from the Bible that is different from WT teachings, but never felt any "special" thing. That's why I think there is something missing inside me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit