The Emphatic Diaglott, still being published by the WTB&TS for the benefit of ... NOT JWs but for Christadelphians, Church of God Holiness and Abrahamic Faith folks.

by illoowy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• binadub
    binadub

Illoowy:

Did you see the "Viewer" questions to you on CC?

~Binadub (aka Ros)

• Aware!
    Aware!

I tried ordering the Diaglott or Kingdom Interlinear from my Kingdom Hall, but I was told that it wasn't published anymore. I did manage to get both later. I think I read here that a few years ago only those that were "spiritual" could order it, not someone like brother Doubting Thomas. If you want a new copy of either or, you'd have to pay Bethel a visit, or buy it from someone. Should I sell or keep mine?

• Aware!
    Aware!

I don't know why the Watchtower doesn't offer it anymore, but anybody can buy the reprint version being printed by Kessinger Publishing, LLC. And for some reason, it is being offered in two parts. Maybe it has to do with the paper thickness?

Part 1: http://www.amazon.com/The-Emphatic-Diaglott-Containing-Testament/dp/1162916842/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_3

Part 2: http://www.amazon.com/The-Emphatic-Diaglott-Containing-Testament/dp/1169336884/ref=tmm_hrd_title_0

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Odd.

We used to be encouraged to have multible bible translations. Now that would be frowed upon.

• tornapart
    tornapart

I've got the Kingdom Interlinear and find it very useful for showing my elder hubby where the NWT has been very dishonest.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

You can find the text online these days, it's in public domain, anyone can print them.

• illoowy
    illoowy

Since there's a lack of NWT's at the KH...

I wondered if you could still order some of the other bibles from the Watchtower.

The ASV and the KJV aren't available anymore although the Society owns plates for them.

Neither is the Bible in Living English.

The Kingdom Interlinear, and of course the Emphatic Diaglott, are still available,

in a navy blue cover.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I ordered the Emphatic Diaglott from my KH about a year ago. I stole my mom's Kingdom Interlinear and the Harp of God. She ain't reading 'em.

DD

• Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

The WT book Theocratic Aid to Kingdom Publishers (copyright 1945 and thus before the first volume of the NWT was published) on page 266 says "The majority of those the Lord commissions us to disciple are not acquainted with the Scriptures, and religion has made them suspicious of any Bible translation that differs from their own." Isn't it ironic that now the JW religion makes JWs suspicious of any Bible translation that differs from their own?

I currently plan to keep my copies of the WT edition of the Emphatic Diaglott, the KJV, and the ASV. I also currently plan to keep my copy of the KIT (1985 Edition) and my copies of numerous editions of the NWT.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I can remember it being used in my childhood years, by adult JW publishers when debating the trinity with people. In John 1 ;1 it said that the Word was “a god” ( not The God) ....

I still have a copy, unused for years, perhaps I ought to offer it on EBay ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit