My email to my mother - sorry a bit long

by darthweef 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sample question on the "good news" and "apostasy" for a divided family

Dear darthweef's parents!

As a friend of divided families, could I please ask you a few questions?

• If there was a possibility, however small or remote, to find common ground with your son darthweef, on the "good news", would you pursue it?
    • Should "publishers of the good news" believe, teach and obey the "good news" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah, and Psalms?
    • If they do not, are they apostate?
    • Is "legalism" apostasy?
    • Is replicating the "experiment that failed" apostasy?

Warm Christian love

Your friend

Anonymous

• jemba
    jemba

Welcome Darthweef. Thankyou for sharing this very personal conversation.

I too have to have this conversation at some stage with my folks. For now they think Im having a break due to depression and stress brought on by all the duties a JW needs to fulfill.

Its good to see that your Mum is well written and obviously no dummy like many dubs.

My Dad is the well read, educated one so he is the one I hope will one day see the light, hes also VERY much into the troof, as a PO etc. My Mum will be stuck in forever if someone doesnt explain it to her in preschool terms and then physically take her out of the org.

Like you I truly hope they realise before they die of old age that they are being duped.

Good luck with future chats. Feel free to share with us if youre comfortable. Many of us are in a similar position.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit