JW Longo Story on ABC TV July 11th "Final Witness"

by AndersonsInfo 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

It was quite sad. It broke my heart about the wife and children. Her two sisters were part of the program.

This man is sick.

I think he would have turned out this way,with or without the religion. I'm just wondering ,if others saw this in him,full of b.s.

• flipper
    flipper

I agree with Emptyinside that this pond scum a-hole would have been a psycho no matter what, but what's really disturbing is I'm quite sure that the thought process taught inside the JW cult of always keeping a GOOD outward appearance enabled this man to live a secret, double life in order to save face no matter what it cost him, to the point of even killing his wife and children. Thus the danger of being in an organization that teaches people to look good on the outside to impress others- but leaves JW's bereft of true inner decent qualities of character and teaches them to flush those qualities down the toilet because it's all about turning time in and commenting at meetings. That kind of thinking doesn't help.

Also- A very disturbing thing to me in the program was how conditioned this wife had become to be supportive to her " head " - if you can call him that- even to the point of being on the run with him to protect his criminal behavior and being used by him again and again. The JW organization is to blame big time for producing weak willed women who are falsely instructed to support their husbands- even if the guys an asshole like this murderer was. How many abused JW women have we seen on this board, or ex-JW's with tales of being told by elders to put up with abusive husbands, whether it's psychological or physical abuse ? And this nutcase guy was so conniving and a pathological liar - he totally abused his wife by deception and manipulation - conning her into trusting him right up to the last night of her life ! It's totally infuriating to me that the JW organization so minimizes the value of women and children - and we see what a JW man is capable of when trained by a self serving patriarchal dominated way of thinking.

Another aspect is in the show describing how this guy was shunned in his being DFed for his crimes , it had at least the effect of then causing him to want to move the family to another state and be on the run to start a new life somewhere so he could save face and not have to face up to their friends and relatives. So THAT caused his poor wife to totally lose her support system and essentially be a slave , or captive to the husband while on the run from the law. Such a convoluted mess , one which certainly was not helped by involvement in the JW organization. The wfe felt " trained " to give her obedience to a morally derelict JW husband who had gone off his rocker and lost his shit .

The show was well produced and put across. A very, very sad story. I feel so sad for the deceased woman & children's family. This guy was an evil animal

• Kensho
    Kensho

The question jdubs should be asking themselves is Where was the Holy Spirit, Angels, Jesus the head of the congregation and most importantly Jehovah, while this physco was being appointed an MS and then watching him from their heavenly loft murder his entire jdub family and dump the bodies in the water?

What purpose would allowing the brutal murder of this man's family serve in the vindication sanctification of Jehovah's name?

My wife's comments during the program are typical of Jdub responses you will hear.... "well Statan can get into the congr." "this could happen in any church" " Jah allows things like this for unseen reasons we don't understand" yada yada

A friend posted on FB during the show and thought "at least they gave a witness showing the WT/Bible, KH, Jehovahs name and explaining DF policy" WTF!

If this is not Cog. Dis. at its highest level I don't what is.

Kensho

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

My wife and I watched it. Very sad story and just unbelievable that someone could even commit such a horrible crime. As far as the JW angle goes, seems like they did a pretty accurate job of portraying the meetings and DFing policy.

I'm assuming her sisters are JWs as well. I'm glad they didn't try to witness but rather talked about their sister.

I agree that lethal injection is too good for Longo.

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

They ought to put rocks in pillow sheets and rope around his feet, chuck him over the side of the bridge like

he did with his children. I don't uphold violence at all, but this is just about the worst thing ever.

• mercedes_29
    mercedes_29

Mr. Flipper is right. While I was watching the show my friends were tweeting about how they couldn't understand why Mary Jane didn't just leave her husband and go back to her family. I tried to explain that the JWs teach women to be obedient to men, especially their husbands - even if they lead the family into ruin. Women really are second class citizens in the JW world and this "training" cost Mary Jane and her children their lives. Only her sisters were interviewed on the show, I wonder what her parents and "friends" in the congregation thought of everything that happened.

• Deceived
    Deceived

I am so happy that they aired this show. I read the book about this a few months ago and was Horrified. I wanted to tell the world to read the book to see what spawn comes from that cult.

I PVR'd it and will be watching it this afternoon, was too sleepy last night to stay up

• Room 215
    Room 215

Here's a link to perhaps the most bizarre twist of all: Longo's impersonation of a New Tork Times reporter while on the lam in Mexico -- and the eventual friendship of the same reporter: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/261598/christian-longos-latest-con-wesley-j-smith

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

The whole story was extremely sad. Her sisters kept saying how much their sister loved her husband. I am sure the love and admiration for him was waning quickly after he was put on probation, DF'ed and penniless. More accurately, I would say she was afraid to leave him, for fear of displeasing Jehovah (and family and congregation), or maybe she knew he had a violent, dark side and her life may be in danger if she left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit