New Video aka Sparlock- View of Active JW

by XBEHERE 16 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

So over the weekend I was in a cargroup for service, yes I still go out but I dont ring doorbells or knock I just go out to keep wife and other elders off my back, anyway the video came up and I said nothing about it but the other 3 people in the car ( a pioneer and 1 elder, 1 publisher) said that it was good. Yes you heard correctly GOOD! The pioneer even stated that the annimation was good and it is short enough to hold a young childs attention.

So here's the deal, most JWs wont care about how bad or manipulative the video is. Most will just say it is good like every other DC release. Nobody gets it, nobody cares.

This is the reaction that you will get from many if not most JWs so this whole "sparlock furor" online wont accomplish anything in the big picture of things. I think what's keeping JWs in is DF'ing. Fear of losing friends and family. So all these idiotic things that happen will go away and things will go back to status quo. They will shelve this just as most JWs shelve a lot of the crap that is distributed by the FDS and go on because they dont have "anywhere else to go.." as the WT stated yesterday. Thats not because most JWs think its the truth but because they dont want to be alone.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

i know that the jw's probably won't get it but i think the drumbeat should go on because this video on the internet which just about everyone makes use of draws a clear picture of what jw's are about and will affect outsiders perceptions.

• hubert
    hubert

Nancy Drew said....."i know that the jw's probably won't get it but i think the drumbeat should go on because this video on the internet which just about everyone makes use of draws a clear picture of what jw's are about and will affect outsiders perceptions".

And that's exactly what it needs to be used for.

Hubert

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Yes I agree. I was just commenting on how unfortunate it is that most JWs wont get it and run away from the bs. I wish my wife would've had that reaction....its sad.

• Think About It
    Think About It

It's mid 2012, and according to the WTS F&DS the end is closer than ever. A video about throwing away a little plastic toy warrior wizard is spiritual food at the proper time? That DVD is utterly ridiculous, and should be an embarrassment to the JW's. Most won't see it that way, but no doubt many will get to thinking. The DVD was no more than a cheaply made, big money making via donations scam on the R&F JW's.

Think About It

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

I think a lot of jws will say it's good even if they think it's a bunch of bs. If another jw heard them dissing it, there would be some meetings with the elders. "You're not appreciating Jehovah's spiritual food!"

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I think the JWs who receive the dvd from the society will say it is good. That is the way they are programmed to think.

The real effect may be on the JWs who view the video sincerely believing it to be made by apostates. After viewing it and hopefully criticising it or even laughing at it and then discovering it to be genuinely from the society they will realise the control over them is neither loving nor caring and definitely not food at the proper time, or even a good way to be raising children.

Time will tell but it doesn't even hit Spain until July/August so in my opinion we will not see the full extent of the fall out of this dvd until the conventions are finished.

Edited to add that the Spanish and Italian exjw community are eagerly anticipating it being released in their language.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I think a lot of jws will say it's good even if they think it's a bunch of bs.

Just like a lot of JWs engage in field circus even though they are secretly waiting to make their escape.

It's all about planting seeds. Some sprout overnight, some take longer and some are frozen beneath the ice, waiting for the warmth of spring. But the main thing is to plant the seeds.

• Dold Agenda
    Dold Agenda

Amelia A :Edited to add that the Spanish and Italian exjw community are eagerly anticipating it being released in their language.

We in Sweden/nordic countries is also waiting for our language eagerly

But we will probably get it among the lasts.. they will only
    have one big convention-date in the end of July here..

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    ''draws a clear picture of what jw's are about and will affect outsiders perceptions".

I often think something will have to 'give'. Will outsiders perceive JWs as a harmful Cult? Are the WT panicking (judging by the crap they are now churning out, they appear to be losing any 'direction'). As other posters have pointed out, d'fing is a last hold, and with young children being born into an internet based World, the WT needs to instil guilt at an early age by planting fear. It's mental abuse. They are deliberately targetting their future victims, because without them I believe this 'religion' would collapse on itself. The WT has thought ahead trying to secure its own future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit