TRUTH BE TOLD - New JW Documentary??

by Flat_Accent 18 Replies latest jw friends

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Exactly, IsaacJ22. So, it shouldn't take much convicing if you can find a listening ear. Although I suppose the WTBTS could have donated some money to PBS in order to get them to air the other documentary. Who knows.

• smiddy
    smiddy

BTTT

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

They did the same thing in the To Verdener (Worlds Apart).

The magazines/literature were made up-titles (the Way instead of the Watchtower etc)

also the kingdom melodies were made up, but sounded very familiar.

• dozy
    dozy

Sadly members of the GB etc would never agree to appear in this kind of film. I hope the guy gets it distributed - maybe some of the documentary channels would pick it up , or channel 4 ( in the UK).

• Honesty
    Honesty

PBS probably will not touch it.

I spoke with a PBS official when 'Knocking' was on the air and asked if it would be possible to have a documentary from former JW's.

That didn't go over at all with PBS.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Honesty, was it just someone from a local branch, or a national executive?

My assumption would be that they were paid by WTBTS to air that program. Either that, or the funds were donated by WTBTS to the creator, and then he used said funds to make a large contribution to PBS in exchange for the air-time. Have you ever seen a puff-piece on any other religion on PBS?

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Also, Netflix has a nice selection of documentaries - many of which are controversial. Perhaps they would pick it up?

• jj123jj123
    jj123jj123

*bump*

I read an interview with the director, passing along the link...

http://www.atheistgeeknews.com/interview-with-truth-be-told-creator-gregorio-smith-2865.htm

• LightsOut
    LightsOut

This is screening on the 27th.

Hope it goes over history.

Wonder if he has looked into Roku. a lot of channels would probably screen it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit