TRUTH BE TOLD - New JW Documentary??

by Flat_Accent 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

Just got this in my Sub-box, looks quite interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fToL5mQ3iUw&feature=plcp

From the blurb:

TRUTH BE TOLD is a new feature-length documentary film about growing up in the Jehovah's Witnesses religion. The title refers to the tendency by Jehovah's Witnesses to regard their beliefs exclusively as 'the truth.'

The documentary is not an indictment of religion but rather a retrospective. In a series of informal interviews, former Jehovah's Witnesses discuss life experiences within the organization including the impact the religion had on their childhood and family, schooling, adolescence, and approaches to dating and marriage.

The film also explores how being raised in the Jehovah's Witnesses religion has shaped their current spiritual beliefs and attitudes.

Official website:
    www.hereliesthetruth.com

• cofty
    cofty

Looks like a great project. I hope it gets a big audience.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

interesting....

noticed the 'magazines' are not the real ones but lookalikes. Would they be in trouble for using the real deal?

oz

• Flat_Accent
    Flat_Accent

I noticed that as well, oz. Maybe they're just playing it safe for legality issues.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

The movie is complete. He is just now looking to get it released. If you go to his website he has more clips.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

The director has contacted me about the film becaue my site is directing traffic to his. He has asked if I'd like to interview him. Are there any particular questions you'd like me to ask?

I'm also encouraging Gregorio to do an online chat with us. I could add a chat room to my site or do it somewhere else. What do you guys think about doing a chat with him? Would you want to be there? Is there anything you'd want to talk to him about or questions you'd want to ask him directly if you had the chance?

I've also suggested that we could do a podcast, maybe by phone (though I don't anything about that would work yet). Would a podcast interview interest anyone?

I could forward your reactions to him as an incentive as well.

What do you think?

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Anything that will promote interest in this and help get it released more widely I am all for. Exposure exposure exposure.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I agree. :-) This could be the documentary so many of us were hoping for--even the one we want to see.

I don't want this to be a diatribe or an indictment per se. I would like it to present both sides fairly so people can judge for themselves. Since it's unlikely that the Society will be involved, that may not happen as I'd like. Ideally, members of the GB would actually be interviewed and given the chance to respond. Or maybe even the elders at the KHs of the XJWs being interviewed. But I will settle for it sharing the experiences of XJWs in a compassionate way. That may be as good as we'll ever get.

Either way, I want to see it. I hope many others will too.

Like you said, exposure exposure exposure.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

What about contacting local PBS stations and if they bite, contacting local news media to see if they will announce the air times of the documentary? I guarantee if Jehovah's Witnesses caught wind of this, they wouldn't be able to help but watch it.

It probably is a little short notice, but it would be great if this could be put out to the media in conjuntion with the District Conventions coming to many cities accross the US.

• IsaacJ22
    IsaacJ22

I like the idea about local PBS stations. Or even the PBS channel on cable. Knocking made it on there a while ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit