JW men and wigs?

by GromitSK 13 Replies latest jw friends

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

stillin, does that mean sisters can't wear push-up bras either? Can they wear stilettos as that gives a false impression of their butt?

• dozy
    dozy

It is acceptable , though inadvisable.

The District assembly that I attended to has a brother who wears a wig who is a regular speaker. It certainly added a frizzon of excitement on windy days. He is a wealthy brother & the hairpiece is actually quite good , but despite this it clearly seemed to be well-known throughout the District as whenever he was announced to go to the platform there was invariably a few comments from people in the audience sitting near me.

I also remember many years ago when a visiting speaker's wig slipped during a public talk. He quickly sorted it ( somewhat ) by adjusting it when he thought we were looking up a scripture.

We had an old elder in our congregation who had some form of brain surgery & wore a wig to cover what was essentially a hole in his skull. A decent elder - "old school" , genuinely humble & cared for the flock ( rare nowadays with all the WTBTS procedures to produce " company men "). He was very open about it & used to take it off to show any visiting kids after the meeting - what he termed his "party piece" ( which was a very clever play on words. )

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I can understand why people do wear em in some situations, though I personally wouldn't. My bro had head surgery when he was a kid and still wears a hat tho I don't think his injuries are really noticeable. Being follicularly challenged myself, I'd love a good head of hair lol

I remember a friend trying a 'hair restoration' out until someone wished him well in his new career as an Elvis impersonator.

Apparently Ronald Reagan once denied his own luxuriant hair was dyed, adding that it was that colour when he bought it.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

What about sisters that are wearing a hair piece, wigs, does this qualify as a "head covering" in required scenarios?

Notjustyet aka scummydross

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit